Features and Benefits
- Low power octal DAC with
Four 16-bit DACs
Four 12-bit DACs
- 14-lead/16-lead TSSOP
- On-chip 1.25 V/2.5 V, 5 ppm/°C reference
- Power down to 400 nA @ 5 V, 200 nA @ 3 V
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply
- Guaranteed monotonic by design
- Power-on reset to zero scale
- 3 power-down functions
- Hardware LDAC and LDAC override function
- CLR function to programmable code
- Rail-to-rail operation
Product DetailsThe AD5678 is a low power, octal, buffered voltage-output DAC with four 12-bit DACs and four 16-bit DACs in a single package. All devices operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply and are guaranteed monotonic by design.
The AD5678 utilizes a versatile 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates of up to 50 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI®, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and DSP interface standards. The on-chip precision output amplifier enables rail-to-rail output swing.
- Octal DAC (four 12-bit DACs and four 16-bit DACs).
- On-chip 1.25 V/2.5 V, 5 ppm/°C reference.
- Available in 14-lead/16-lead TSSOP.
- Power-on reset to 0 V.
- Power-down capability. When powered down, the DAC typically consumes 200 nA at 3 V and 400 nA at 5 V
- Process control
- Data acquisition systems
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage current sources
- Programmable attenuators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD5678 evaluation board is designed to help users quickly prototype new AD5678 circuits and reduce design time. The AD5678 operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply.
For full data, see the AD5678 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with UG-987 when using the evaluation board.
The evaluation board interfaces to the USB port of a PC via the SDP-B board. Software is available for download to allow the user to program the AD5678.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board in conjunction with the nanoDAC® motherboard (EVAL-MBnanoDAC-SDZ)
- On-board references
- Various link options
- PC control in conjunction with Analog Devices, Inc., system demonstration platform (SDP)
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Analog Dialogue (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.