Features and Benefits
- Low power octal DACs: 12 bits
- 2.6 mm × 2.6 mm 16-ball WLCSP
- 4 mm × 4 mm 16-lead LFCSP and 16-lead TSSOP
- On-chip 1.25 V/2.5 V, 5 ppm/°C reference
- Power down to 400 nA at 5 V, 200 nA at 3 V
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply
- Guaranteed monotonic by design
- Power-on reset to zero scale or midscale
- 3 power-down functions
- Hardware LDAC and CLR functions
- I2C-compatible serial interface supports standard (100 kHz) and fast (400 kHz) modes
The AD5629R device is a low power, octal, 12-bit, buffered voltage-output DACs. It operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply and is guaranteed monotonic by design.
The AD5629R/AD5669R have an on-chip reference with an internal gain of 2. The AD5629R-1/AD5669R-1 have a 1.25 V, 5 ppm/°C reference, giving a full-scale output range of 2.5 V. The AD5629R-2/AD5629R-3 and the AD5669R-2/AD5669R-3 have a 2.5 V 5 ppm/°C reference, giving a full-scale output range of 5 V depending on the option selected. Devices with 1.25 V reference selected operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply. Devices with 2.5 V reference selected operate from 4.5 V to 5.5 V. The on-chip reference is off at power-up, allowing the use of an external reference. The internal reference is enabled via a software write.
The part incorporates a power-on reset circuit that ensures that the DAC output powers up to 0 V and remains powered up at this level until a valid write takes place. The part contains a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to 400 nA at 5 V and provides software-selectable output loads while in power-down mode for any or all DAC channels.
- Octal, 12-/16-bit DACs.
- On-chip 1.25 V/2.5 V, 5 ppm/°C reference.
- Available in 16-lead LFCSP and TSSOP, and 16-ball WLCSP.
- Power-on reset to 0 V or midscale.
- Power-down capability. When powered down, the DAC typically consumes 200 nA at 3 V and 400 nA at 5 V.
- Process control
- Data acquisition systems
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD5629RSDZ/EVAL-AD5669RSDZ evaluation boards help users quickly prototype new AD5629R/AD5669R circuits and reduce design time. The AD5629R/AD5669R operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply. The AD5629R/AD5669R has an internal 1.25 V or 2.5 V reference giving an output voltage span of 2.5 V or 5 V. The internal reference is off at power-up, allowing the use of an external reference; the REF195 is provided on-board as a 5 V reference source. The device must be written to after power-up to turn on the internal reference.
The evaluation boards interface to the USB port of a PC via the SDP-B board. Software is supplied with the evaluation boards to allow the user to program the AD5629R/AD5669R.
The evaluation boards are compatible with the EVAL-SDP-CB1Z Blackfin® SDP controller board (SDP-B), available to order on the Analog Devices website at www.analog.com.
Full data on the AD5629R/AD5669R is available in the corresponding data sheets, available from Analog Devices, which should be consulted in conjunction with UG-867 when using the evaluation boards.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation boards for the AD5629R/AD5669R
- On-board reference
- Various link options
- PC control in conjunction with the Analog Devices, Inc., EVAL-SDP-CB1Z system demonstration platform (SDP)
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.