Features and Benefits
- Low power quad nanoDACs: 12 Bits
- Guaranteed monotonic by design
- Relative Accuracy: ±12 LSBs max
- 10-lead MSOP and 3mm × 3mm LFCSP_WD package
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply
- Power-on reset to zero
- Per channel power-down
- Serial interface, up to 50MHz
The AD5624/AD5664, members of the nanoDAC® family, are low power, quad, 12-, 16-bit buffered voltage-out DACs that operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply and are guaranteed monotonic by design.
The AD5624/AD5664 require an external reference voltage to set the output range of the DAC. The part incorporates a power-on reset circuit that ensures the DAC output powers up to 0 V and remains there until a valid write takes place. The parts contain a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to 480 nA at 5 V and provides software-selectable output loads while in power-down mode.
The low power consumption of these parts in normal operation makes them ideally suited to portable battery-operated equipment. The power consumption is 2.25 mW at 5 V, going down to 2.4 μW in power-down mode.
The AD5624/AD5664 on-chip precision output amplifier allows rail-to-rail output swing to be achieved.
The AD5624/AD5664 use a versatile 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 50 MHz, and are compatible with standard SPI®, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and DSP interface standards.
- Relative accuracy: ±12 LSBs maximum.
- Available in 10-lead MSOP and 10-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm, LFCSP_WD.
- Low power, typically consumes 1.32 mW at 3 V and 2.25 mW at 5 V.
- Maximum settling time of 4.5 μs (AD5624) and 7 μs (AD5664).
- Process control
- Data acquisition systems
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD5664REBZ (Cypress based) is no longer available. Please use EVAL-AD5664RDBZ (SDP based).
The EVAL-AD5664RDBZ evaluation board helps users quickly prototype new AD5664R circuits and reduce design time. The AD5664R operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply.
For full data, see the AD5664R data sheet, which must be used in conjunction with user guide UG-986 when using the EVALAD5664RDBZ evaluation board.
The EVAL-AD5664RDBZ evaluation board interfaces to the USB port of a PC via the SDP-B controller board. Software that allows users to program the AD5664R can be downloaded via the EVAL-AD5664RDBZ product page.
The EVAL-AD5664RDBZ evaluation board requires the EVALSDP-CB1Z board (SDP-B controller board).
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board in conjunction with nanoDAC motherboard (EVAL-MBnanoDAC-SDZ)
- On-board references
- Various link options
- PC control in conjunction with Analog Devices, Inc., system demonstration platform (SDP)
Tools & Simulations
AD5624 Companion Parts
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For digital isolators with integrated isolated power: ADUM5401.
- For cost sensitive designs: ADUM7440, ADUM7441.
- For isolated USB designs in healthcare and industrial control: ADUM4160.
- For process control applications: ADUM1300.
Recommended Voltage Reference
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.