Features and Benefits
- Low power, smallest pin-compatible, dual nanoDAC
- AD5663R: 16 bits
- AD5643R: 14 bits
- AD5623R: 12 bits
- User-selectable external or internal reference
- External reference default
- On-chip 1.25 V/2.5 V, 5 ppm/°C reference
- 10-lead MSOP and 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply
- Guaranteed monotonic by design
- See data sheet for additional features
- Download AD5623R-EP Data Sheet (pdf)
- Extended temperature range: −55°C to +105°C
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- One assembly/test site
- One fabrication site
- Enhanced product change notification
- Qualification data available on request
- V62/14633-01XE DSCC Drawing Number
The AD5623R/AD5643R/AD5663R, members of the nanoDAC® family, are low power, dual 12-, 14-, and 16-bit buffered voltage-out digital-to-analog converters (DAC) that operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply and are guaranteed monotonic by design.
The AD5623R/AD5643R/AD5663R have an on-chip reference. The AD5623R-3/AD5643R-3/AD5663R-3 have a 1.25 V, 5 ppm/°C reference, giving a full-scale output of 2.5 V; and the AD5623R-5/ AD5643R-5/AD5663R-5 have a 2.5 V, 5 ppm/°C reference, giving a full-scale output of 5 V. The on-chip reference is off at power-up, allowing the use of an external reference; and all devices can be operated from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply. The internal reference is turned on by writing to the DAC.
The parts incorporate a power-on reset circuit that ensures the DAC output powers up to 0 V and remains there until a valid write takes place. The part contains a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to 480 nA at 5 V and provides software-selectable output loads while in power-down mode.
The low power consumption of this part in normal operation makes it ideally suited to portable, battery-operated equipment.
The AD5623R/AD5643R/AD5663R use a versatile, 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 50 MHz, and they are compatible with standard SPI®, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and DSP interface standards. The on-chip precision output amplifier enables rail-to-rail output swing to be achieved.
- Dual 12-, 14-, and 16-bit DAC.
- On-chip 1.25 V/2.5 V, 5 ppm/°C reference.
- Available in 10-lead MSOP and 10-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP.
- Low power; typically consumes 0.6 mW at 3 V and 1.25 mW at 5 V.
- 4.5 μs maximum settling time for the AD5623R.
- Process control
- Data acquisition systems
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The evaluation board is designed to allow straightforward customer evaluation of the device using the hardware and software provided. The evaluation board can also be used to quickly create a prototype with the AD5663R/AD5667R, reducing design time. The AD5663R/AD5667R operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply. These are 16-bit, dual-channel, voltage output digital-to-analog converters (DACs). The AD5663R uses a serial peripheral interface (SPI) for configuration and control, whereas the AD5667R uses an I2C interface.
Full data on the AD5663R/AD5667R can be found in the appropriate data sheets available from Analog Devices and should be consulted in conjunction with the user guide UG-991 when using the evaluation board.
The evaluation board interfaces to the USB port of a PC via the SDP board.
This evaluation board requires the EVAL-SDP-CB1Z board (SDP-B controller board).
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD5663R and AD5667R
- Flexible configuration options
- On-board references
- PC control in conjunction with Analog Devices, Inc.
- EVAL-SDP-CB1Z system demonstration platform (SDP)
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.