Features and Benefits
- Full 14-Bit Performance
- 3 V and 5 V Single Supply Operation
- Low 0.625 mW power dissipation
- Fast 1 μs settling time
- Unbuffered Voltage Output Capable of Driving 60 kΩ Loads Directly
- SPI™/QSPI™/MICROWIRE™- Compatible Interface Standards
- Power-on reset clears DAC output to 0 V (unipolar mode)
- 5 kV HBM ESD classification
Product DetailsThe AD5551 and AD5552 are single, 14-bit, serial input, voltage output DACs that operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V. The The DAC output range extends from 0 V to VREF.
These DACs provide 14-bit performance without any adjustments. The DAC output is unbuffered, which reduces power consumption and offset errors contributed by an output buffer.
With an external op amp the AD5552 can be operated in bipolar mode generating a ±VREF output swing. The AD5552 also includes Kelvin sense connections for the reference and analog ground pins to reduce layout sensitivity. For higher precision applications, please refer to 16-bit DACs, AD5541, AD5542, and AD5544.
The AD5551/AD5552 utilize a versatile 3-wire interface that is compatible with SPI, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and DSP interface standards. The AD5551 and AD5552 are available in 8-lead and 14-lead SOIC packages.
- Single Supply Operation. The AD5551 and AD5552 are fully specified and guaranteed for a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply.
- Low Power Consumption. Typically 0.625 mW with a 5 V supply.
- 3-Wire Serial Interface.
- Unbuffered output capable of driving 60 kΩ loads, which reduces power consumption as there is no internal buffer to drive.
- Power-On Reset Circuitry.
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Automatic test equipment
- Data acquisition systems
- Industrial process control
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.