Features and Benefits
- High Integration: 32-Channel, 14-Bit DAC with Integrated
- High Voltage Output Amplifier
- Guaranteed Monotonic
- Housed in 15 x 15 mm CSPBGA Package Output
- Fullscale Output Voltage Programmable from 50V to 200V via Reference Input
- 700uA Drive Capability
- Integrated Silicon Diode for Temperature Monitoring
- DSP-/Microcontroller-Compatible Serial Interface
- Channel Update Rate 1.2 MHz
- Asynchronous RESET facility
- Temperature Range -10ºC to +85ºC
The AD5535 is a 32-channel 14-bit DAC with an on-chip high voltage output amplifier. This device is targeted for optical microelectromechanical systems. The output voltage range is programmable via the REFIN pin. Output range is 0 to 50 V with REFIN=1 V and is 0 V to +200 V with REFIN=4 V. Each amplifier can source 700 µA, ideal for the deflection and control of optical MEMS mirrors. The output amplifier with a gain of 50 is driven from a 14-bit DAC whose output range varies from 0 to VREF depending on the code loaded the the relevant DAC register. The selected DAC register is written to via the 3-wire interface. The serial interface operates at clock rates up to 30 MHz and is compatible with DSP and microcontroller interface standards.
The device is operated with AVCC = 4.75 to 5.25V, DVCC = 2.7 V to 5.25 V, V- = -4.75 to -5.25 V, V+ = +4.75V to +5.25 V, VPP = 210 V. A stable reference is required on REF_IN. REF_IN is buffered internally on the AD5535.
1. 32, 14-bit DACs in one package, guaranteed monotonic with integrated high voltage amplifier.
2. Available in a CSPBGA package with a body size of 15mm by 15mm.
- Optical Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS)
- Optical Crosspoint Switches
- Micro-Positioning Applications Using Piezo-Flextures
- Level Setting in Automotive Test and Measurement
Product Lifecycle Last Time Buy
All products in this family will be obsolete soon. Please contact ADI Sales or Distributors to arrange for final purchases and read our Obsolescence Information to review the time periods for placing final orders and receiving final shipments.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The evaluation board allows the functionality and performance of the AD5535 to be easily evaluated. The eval board connects to a PC via the printer port. Software is provided to allow the user to program the registers of the AD5535.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.