Features and Benefits
- 16-bit resolution and monotonicity
- Current or voltage output available on a single terminal
- Current output ranges: 0 mA to 20 mA, 4 mA to 20 mA, 0 mA to 24 mA, ±20 mA, ±24 mA, and −1 mA to +22 mA
- Voltage output ranges (with 20% overrange): 0 V to 5 V, 0 V to 10 V, ±5 V, and ±10 V
- User programmable offset and gain
- Advanced on-chip diagnostics, including a 12-bit ADC
- On-chip reference
- −40°C to +115°C temperature range
- 32-Lead, 5 mm × 5 mm LFCSP package
The AD5423 is a single-channel, voltage and current output digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that operates with a power supply range from −33 V minimum on AVSS to +33 V maximum on AVDD1. The CHART pin enables a Highway Addressable Remote Transducer® (HART) signal to be coupled on the current output.
The AD5423 uses a versatile, 4-wire, serial peripheral interface (SPI) that operates at clock rates of up to 50 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, digital signal processor (DSP), and microcontroller interface standards. The interface also features an optional SPI cyclic redundancy check (CRC) and a watchdog timer (WDT). The AD5423 offers improved diagnostic features from earlier versions of similar DACs, such as an integrated, 12-bit diagnostic analog-to-digital converter (ADC).
- 16-bit performance.
- Range of diagnostic features.
- Integrated 12-bit monitoring ADC.
- HART compliant.
- Process control
- Actuator control
- Channel isolated analog outputs
- Programmable logic controller (PLC) and distributed control systems (DCS) applications
- HART network connectivity
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This user guide describes the EVAL-AD5423SDZ evaluation board for the AD5423 single-channel, 16-bit voltage, 16-bit current output digital-to-analog converter (DAC).
The EVAL-AD5423SDZ (see Figure 1) requires the EVAL-SDP-CS1Z system demonstration platform (SDP-S) board. The EVAL-AD5423SDZ interfaces to the USB port of the PC via the SDP-S board. The Analysis, Control, Evaluation (ACE) software allows simplified programming of the AD5423, and is available to use with the EVAL-AD5423SDZ.
For full details on the AD5423, see the AD5423 data sheet. Consult the data sheet in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-AD5423SDZ.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD5423
- On board 2.5V ADR4525 reference
- ACE software for control
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.