Features and Benefits
- Guaranteed Monotonic To 12-Bits
- High Accuracy (INL = ±1 LSB)
- User Programmable Offset And Gain
- For System Calibration
- On-Chip 1.25 V/2.5 V Reference With 10 ppm/ºC TempCo
- On-Chip Output Amplifier With Rail-To-Rail Operation
- Optional Boost Mode For Faster Settling Time (6 µs typ)
- Serial SPI, I2C and Parallel Interfaces
- Simultaneous Update Of DAC Outputs Via Pin
- Clear Function To User-Programmable Code
- Low Power (300 µA/channel)
The AD5383 is a 32-channel, 12-Bit DAC and is available in a 14 mm x 14 mm 100-lead LQFP package. It operates from a single 3 V or 5 V supply. Programmable gain (m) and offset (c) are provided per channel to facilitate system calibration. Each DAC channel is double-buffered which allows all DAC outputs to be updated simultaneously via an LDAC pin. Each channel has an on-chip output amplifier which allows rail-to-rail operation. The AD5383 includes an internal 1.25 V/2.5V low-drift reference. The AD5383 contains a parallel interface with a WR pulsewidth of 20 ns, a 30 MHz SPI interface and a 400 kHz I2C-compatible interface.
- Variable optical attenuators (VOA)
- Level setting (ATE)
- Optical microelectro-mechanical systems (MEMS)
- Control systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.