Features and Benefits
- Guaranteed Monotonic
- INL error: ±1 LSB max
- On-Chip 1.25 V/2.5 V Reference With 10 ppm/ºC TempCo
- Temperature range: –40°C to +85°C
- Rail-to-rail output amplifier
- Package type: 100-lead LQFP (14 mm × 14 mm)
- User interfaces: Parallel Serial (SPI®-/QSPI™-/MICROWIRE™-/DSP-compatible, featuring data readback)
- Robust 6.5 kV HBM and 2 kV FICDM ESD rating
- Channel monitor
- Simultaneous output update via LDAC
- Clear function to user-programmable code
- Amplifier boost mode to optimize slew rate
- User-programmable offset and gain adjust
- Toggle mode enables square wave generation
- Thermal monitors
The AD5381 is a complete, single-supply, 40-channel, 12-Bit DAC available in a 100-lead LQFP package. All 40 channels have an on-chip output amplifier wiht rail-to-rail operarion. The AD5381 includes a programmable internal 1.25 V/2.5 V, 10 ppm/°C reference, an on-chip channel monitor function that multiplexes the analog outputs to a common MON_OUT pin for external monitoring, and an output amplifier boost mode, which allows optimization of the amplifier slew rate. The AD5381 contains a double-buffered parallel interface featuring 20 ns WR pulse width, an SPI-/QSPI-/MICROWIRE-/DSP-compatible serial interface with interface speeds in excess of 30 MHz, and an I2C-compatible interface that supports a 400 kHz data transfer rate.
An input register followed by a DAC register provides double buffering, allowing the DAC outputs to be updated independently or simultaneously using the LDAC input.
Each channel has a programmable gain and offset adjust register that allows the user to fully calibrate any DAC chan-nel. Power consumption is typically 0.25 mA/channel with boost mode disabled.
- Variable optical attenuators (VOAs)
- Level setting (ATE)
- Optical micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS)
- Control systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.