Features and Benefits
- 40-channel DAC in a 64-lead LFCSP and a 64-lead LQFP
- Guaranteed monotonic to 16 bits
- Maximum output voltage span of 4 × VREF (20 V)
- Nominal output voltage span of −4 V to +8 V
- Multiple, independent output spans available
- System calibration function allowing user-programmable offset and gain
- Channel grouping and addressing features
- Thermal shutdown function
- DSP/microcontroller-compatible serial interface
- SPI serial interface
- 2.5 V to 5.5 V digital interface
- Digital reset (RESET)
- Clear function to user-defined SIGGNDx
- Simultaneous update of DAC outputs
The AD5370* contains forty 16-bit DACs in a single 64-lead LFCSP and a 64-lead LQFP. The device provides buffered voltage outputs with a span that is 4× the reference voltage. The gain and offset of each DAC channel can be independently trimmed to remove errors. For even greater flexibility, the device is divided into five groups of eight DACs. Three offset DAC channels allow the output range of blocks to be adjusted. Group 0 can be adjusted by Offset DAC 0, Group 1 can be adjusted by Offset DAC 1, and Group 2 to Group 4 can be adjusted by Offset DAC 2.
The AD5370 offers guaranteed operation over a wide supply range, with VSS from −16.5 V to −4.5 V and VDD from +9 V to +16.5 V. The output amplifier headroom requirement is 1.4 V operating with a load current of 1 mA.
The AD5370 has a high speed serial interface that is compatible with SPI, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and DSP interface standards and can handle clock speeds of up to 50 MHz.
The DAC registers are updated on receipt of new data. All the outputs can be updated simultaneously by taking the LDAC input low. Each channel has a programmable gain and an offset adjust register to allow removal of gain and offset errors.
Each DAC output is gained and buffered on chip with respect to an external SIGGNDx input. The DAC outputs can also be switched to SIGGNDx via the CLR pin.
- Level setting in automatic test equipment (ATE)
- Variable optical attenuators (VOA)
- Optical switches
- Industrial control systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD5370 evaluation board can be used as a stand alone board with control coming from an external DSP or micro-controller or it can be connected to a PC. Software is provided which can be used to program the registers of the AD536x. Control of the AD536x is achieved via a USB interface.
Features & Benefits
- Full Featured Evaluation Board
- On Board Reference and Buffers
- USB operation of IC
- PC Software for control of DACs
- Stand-alone operation
Software & Systems Requirements
Product Selection Guide (1)
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.