nanoDAC+, Improve Linearity, Offset & Drift Performance, 5ppm Reference, Smaller Packages, Enhanced Features
Features and Benefits
- AD5337: 2 buffered 8-bit DACs in 8-lead MSOP
- AD5338, AD5338-1: 2 buffered 10-bit DACs in 8-lead MSOP
- AD5339: 2 buffered 12-bit DACs in 8-lead MSOP
- Low power operation: 250 μA @ 3 V, 300 μA @ 5 V
- 2-wire (I2C-compatible) serial interface
- 2.5 V to 5.5 V power supply
- Guaranteed monotonic by design over all codes
- Power-down to 80 nA @ 3 V, 200 nA @ 5 V
- 3 power-down modes
- Double-buffered input logic
- Output range: 0 V to VREF
- Power-on reset to 0 V
The AD5337/AD5338/AD5339 are dual 8-, 10-, and 12-bit buffered voltage output DACs, respectively. Each part is housed in an 8-lead MSOP package and operates from a single 2.5 V to 5.5 V supply, consuming 250 μA at 3 V. On-chip output amplifiers allow rail-to-rail output swing with a slew rate of 0.7 V/μs. A 2-wire serial interface operates at clock rates up to 400 kHz. This interface is SMBus compatible at VDD < 3.6 V. Multiple devices can be placed on the same bus.
The references for the two DACs are derived from one reference pin. The outputs of all DACs can be updated simultaneously using the software LDAC function. The parts incorporate a power-on reset circuit to ensure that the DAC outputs power up to 0 V and remain there until a valid write to the device takes place. A software clear function resets all input and DAC registers to 0 V. A power-down feature reduces the current consumption of the devices to 200 nA @ 5 V (80 nA @ 3 V).
The low power consumption of these parts in normal operation makes them ideally suited to portable battery-operated equipment. The power consumption is typically 1.5 mW at 5 V and 0.75 mW at 3 V, reducing to 1 μW in power-down mode.
- Portable battery-powered instruments
- Digital gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage and current sources
- Programmable attenuators
- Industrial process control
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD5339DBZ is designed to quickly prototype AD5339 circuits and reduce design time. The EVAL-AD5339DBZ evaluation board interfaces with the USB port of a PC via the SDP-B controller board. Software can be downloaded which allows users to program the AD5339.
This evaluation board requires the SDP-B controller board.
Full specifications for the AD5339 are listed in the AD5339 data sheet available from Analog Devices, Inc., and should be consulted in conjunction with UG-980 when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board (EVAL-AD5339DBZ) in conjunction with nanoDAC motherboard (EVAL-MBnanoDAC-SDZ)
- On-board references
- Various link options
- PC control in conjunction with Analog Devices, Inc., system demonstration platform (SDP)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.