Features and Benefits
- Low drift 2.5 V reference:
2 ppm/°C typical
- Tiny package: 3 mm × 3 mm,
- Total unadjusted error (TUE): ±0.1% of FSR maximum
- Offset error: ±1.5 mV maximum
- Gain error: ±0.1% of FSR maximum
- High drive capability: 20 mA,
0.5 V from supply rails
- User selectable gain of 1 or 2 (GAIN pin)
- Reset to zero scale or midscale (RSTSEL pin)
- 1.8 V logic compatibility
- Low glitch: 0.5 nV-sec
- 400 kHz I2C-compatible serial interface
- See data sheet for additional features
The AD5338R, a member of the nanoDAC® family is a low power, dual, 10-bit buffered voltage output DAC. The device includes a 2.5 V, 2 ppm/°C internal reference (enabled by default) and a gain select pin giving a full-scale output of 2.5 V (gain = 1) or 5 V (gain = 2). The device operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply, is guaranteed monotonic by design, and exhibits less than 0.1% FSR gain error and 1.5 mV offset error performance. The device is available in a 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP and a TSSOP package.
The AD5338R also incorporates a power-on reset circuit and a RSTSEL pin that ensures that the DAC outputs power up to zero scale or midscale and remain there until a valid write takes place. Each part contains a per-channel power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to 4 μA at 3 V while in power-down mode.
The AD5338R uses a versatile 2-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 400 kHz, and includes a VLOGIC pin intended for 1.8 V/3 V/5 V logic.PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
- Excellent DC Performance:
Total Unadjusted Error: ±0.1% of FSR maximum
- Low Drift On-Chip Reference:
2.5V, 2 ppm/°C typical temperature coefficient
- Two Package Options:
3 mm × 3 mm, 16-lead LFCSP or 16-lead TSSOP
- Optical transceivers
- Base-station power amplifiers
- Process control (PLC I/O cards)
- Industrial automation
- Data acquisition systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The evaluation board is designed to help users quickly prototype new AD5338R circuits and reduce design time. The AD5338R operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply.
Full details can be found in the AD5338R data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with user guide UG-979 when using the evaluation board.
The evaluation board interfaces to the USB port of a PC via the SDP-B board. Software is available for download from the EVAL-AD5338RDBZ evaluation board page to allow the user to program the AD5338R.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board in conjunction with nanoDAC® motherboard (EVAL-MBnanoDAC-SDZ)
- On-board references Various link options
- PC control in conjunction with Analog Devices, Inc., system demonstration platform (SDP)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.