Features and Benefits
- Low drift 2.5 V reference: 2 ppm/°C typical
- Tiny package: 3 mm × 3 mm, 16-lead LFCSP
- Total unadjusted error (TUE): ±0.1% of FSR maximum
- Offset error: ±1.5 mV maximum
- Gain error: ±0.1% of FSR maximum
- High drive capability: 20 mA, 0.5 V from supply rails
- User selectable gain of 1 or 2 (GAIN pin)
- Reset to zero scale or midscale (RSTSEL pin)
- 1.8 V logic compatibility
- 50 MHz SPI with readback or daisy chain
- Low glitch: 0.5 nV-sec
- Low power: 3.3 mW at 3 V
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply
- −40°C to +105°C temperature range
The AD5313R, a member of the nanoDAC® family, is a low power, dual, 10-bit buffered voltage output digital-to-analog converter (DAC). The device includes a 2.5 V, 2 ppm/°C internal reference (enabled by default) and a gain select pin giving a full-scale output of 2.5 V (gain = 1) or 5 V (gain = 2). The AD5313R operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply, is guaranteed monotonic by design, and exhibits less than 0.1% FSR gain error and 1.5 mV offset error performance. The device is available in a 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP package and a TSSOP package.
The AD5313R also incorporates a power-on reset circuit and a RSTSEL pin that ensures that the DAC outputs power up to zero scale or midscale and remain there until a valid write occurs. The part contains a per channel power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to 4 μA at 3 V while in power-down mode.
The AD5313R employs a versatile serial peripheral interface (SPI) that operates at clock rates up to 50 MHz, and the device contains a VLOGIC pin that is intended for 1.8 V/3 V/5 V logic.
- Precision DC Performance.
Total unadjusted error: ±0.1% of FSR maximum
Offset error: ±1.5 mV maximum
Gain error: ±0.1% of FSR maximum
- Low Drift 2.5 V On-Chip Reference.
2 ppm/°C typical temperature coefficient
5 ppm/°C maximum temperature coefficient
- Two Package Options.
3 mm × 3 mm, 16-lead LFCSP
- Optical transceivers
- Base station power amplifiers
- Process control (PLC I/O cards)
- Industrial automation
- Data acquisition systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD5313RDBZ evaluation board is designed to quickly prototype AD5313R circuits and reduce design time. The evaluation board interfaces with the USB port of a PC via the SDP-B controller board. Software can be downloaded via the EVAL-AD5313RDBZ product page that allows users to program the AD5313R.
This evaluation board requires the SDP-B controller board, which is available for order on the Analog Devices, Inc., website.
Full data on the AD5313R can be found in the AD5313R data sheet available from Analog Devices and should be consulted in conjunction with UG-965 when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board (EVAL-MBnanoDAC-SDZ) in conjunction with nanoDAC® motherboard (EVAL-MBnanoDAC-SDZ)
- On-board references
- Various link options
- PC control in conjunction with Analog Devices, Inc., system demonstration platform (SDP)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.