Features and Benefits
- Single-channel, 1024-position resolution
- 20 kΩ, 50 kΩ, and 100 kΩ nominal resistance
- Calibrated 1% nominal resistor tolerance (resistor performance mode)
- Rheostat mode temperature coefficient: 35 ppm/°C
- Voltage divider temperature coefficient: 5 ppm/°C
- Single-supply operation: 9 V to 33 V
- Dual-supply operation: ±9 V to ±16.5 V
- SPI-compatible serial interface
- Wiper setting readback
The AD5293 is a single-channel, 1024-position digital potentiometer (in this data sheet, the terms digital potentiometer and RDAC are used interchangeably) with a <1% end-to-end resistor tolerance error. The AD5293 performs the same electronic adjustment function as a mechanical potentiometer with enhanced resolution, solid state reliability, and superior low temperature coefficient performance. This device is capable of operating at high voltages and supporting both dual-supply operation at ±10.5 V to ±15 V and single-supply operation at 21 V to 30 V.
The AD5293 offers guaranteed industry-leading low resistor tolerance errors of ±1% with a nominal temperature coefficient of 35 ppm/°C. The low resistor tolerance feature simplifies openloop applications as well as precision calibration and tolerance matching applications.
The AD5293 is available in a compact 14-lead TSSOP package. The part is guaranteed to operate over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +105°C.
- Mechanical potentiometer replacement
- Instrumentation: gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage-to-current conversion
- Programmable filters, delays, and time constants
- Programmable power supply
- Low resolution DAC replacements
- Sensor calibration
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The Evaluation board for the AD5292 contains a USB connection and software allowing the AD5292 to be controlled from a PC.
Application Notes (5)
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.