Features and Benefits
- Single-channel, 256-/1024-position resolution
- 20 kΩ, 50 kΩ, and 100 kΩ nominal resistance
- Maximum ±1% nominal resistor tolerance error (resistor performance mode)
- 20-times programmable wiper memory
- Rheostat mode temperature coefficient: 35 ppm/°C
- Voltage divider temperature coefficient: 5 ppm/°C
- +9 V to +33 V single-supply operation
- ±9 V to ±16.5 V dual-supply operation
- SPI-compatible serial interface
- Wiper setting readback
- Power-on refreshed from 20-TP memory
The AD5291 and AD5292 are single-channel, 256-/1024-position digital potentiometers that combine industry leading variable resistor performance with nonvolatile memory (NVM) in a compact package. These devices are capable of operating across a wide voltage range, supporting both dual supply operation at ±10.5 V to ±16.5 V and single supply operation at +21 V to +33 V, while ensuring less than 1% end-to-end resistor tolerance error and offering 20-time programmable (20-TP) memory.
The guaranteed industry leading low resistor tolerance error feature simplifies open-loop applications as well as precision calibration and tolerance matching applications.
The AD5291 and AD5292 device wiper settings are controllable through the SPI digital interface. Unlimited adjustments are allowed before programming the resistance value into the 20-TP memory. The AD5291 and AD5292 do not require any external voltage supply to facilitate fuse blow, and there are 20 opportunities for permanent programming. During 20-TP activation, a permanent blow fuse command freezes the wiper position (analogous to placing epoxy on a mechanical trimmer).
The AD5291 and AD5292 are available in a compact 14-lead TSSOP package. The part is guaranteed to operate over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +105°C.
- Mechanical potentiometer replacement
- Instrumentation: gain and offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage-to-current conversion
- Programmable filters, delays, and time constants
- Programmable power supply
- Low resolution DAC replacement
- Sensor calibration
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Application Notes (4)
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.