Features and Benefits
- Single-channel, 1024-/256-position resolution
- 20 kΩ, 50 kΩ, 100 kΩ nominal resistance
- Maximum ±1% nominal resistor tolerance error
- 50-times programmable (50-TP) wiper memory
- Rheostat mode temperature coefficient: 5 ppm/°C
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V single-supply operation
- ±2.5 V to ±2.75 V dual-supply operation for ac or bipolar operations
- I2C-compatible interface
- Wiper setting readback
- Power on refreshed from 50-TP memory
- Thin LFCSP 10-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm × 0.8 mm package
- Compact MSOP, 10-lead 3 mm × 4.9 mm × 1.1 mm package
The AD5272/AD5274 are single-channel, 1024-/256-position digital rheostats that combine industry leading variable resistor performance with nonvolatile memory (NVM) in a compact package.
The AD5272/AD5274 ensure less than 1% end-to-end resistor tolerance error and offer 50-times programmable (50-TP) memory.
The guaranteed industry leading low resistor tolerance error feature simplifies open-loop applications as well as precision calibration and tolerance matching applications.
The AD5272/AD5274 device wiper settings are controllable through the I2C-compatible digital interface. Unlimited adjustments are allowed before programming the resistance value into the 50-TP memory. The AD5272/AD5274 do not require any external voltage supply to facilitate fuse blow and there are 50 opportunities for permanent programming. During 50-TP activation, a permanent blow fuse command freezes the wiper position (analogous to placing epoxy on a mechanical trimmer).
The AD5272/AD5274 are available in a 3 mm × 3 mm 10-lead LFCSP package and in a 10-lead MSOP package. The parts are guaranteed to operate over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +125°C.
- Mechanical rheostat replacements
- Op-amp: variable gain control
- Instrumentation: gain, offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage to current conversions
- Programmable filters, delays, time constants
- Programmable power supply
- Sensor calibration
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD5272 is a single-channel, 1024-position digital rheostat with less than ±1% end-to-end resistor tolerance error and 50-time programmable memory.
The AD5272 supports a dual-supply ±2.5 V to ±2.75 V operation and a single-supply 2.7 V to 5.5 V operation, making it suited for battery-powered applications and many other applications.
The AD5272 uses a versatile I2C serial interface that operates in fast mode, allowing speed until 400 kbps. The device allows the selection of up to three different I2C addresses.
The EVAL-AD5272SDZ evaluation board can operate in single-supply and dual-supply mode and incorporates an internal power supply from the USB.
Complete specifications for the AD5272 can be found in the AD5272 / AD5274 data sheet.
Features & Benefits
- Full-featured evaluation board for the AD5272
- 4-wire ohm measurement capability
- Various link options
- PC control via a separately purchased system demonstration platform (SDP)
- PC software for control
- 50-times programmable (50-TP)
- 1% resistance tolerance error
Application Notes (3)
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
Product Selection Guide (1)
Rarely Asked Questions (28)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.