Features and Benefits
- Single 16-bit DAC, 4 LSB INL
- Power-on reset to midscale or zero-scale
- Guaranteed monotonic by design
- 3 power-down functions
- Low power serial interface with Schmitt-triggered inputs
- Small 8-lead SOT-23 package, low power
- Fast settling time of 4 μs typically
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply
- Low glitch on power-up
- SYNC interrupt facility
The AD5061, a member of the Analog Devices, Inc., nanoDAC™ family, is a low power, single 16-bit buffered voltage-out DAC that operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply. The part offers a relative accuracy specification of ±4 LSB and operation is guaranteed monotonic with a ±1 LSB DNL specification. The part uses a versatile 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 30 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI® QSPI™, MICROWIRE™ and DSP interface standards. The reference for the AD5061 is supplied from an external VREF pin. A reference buffer is also provided on-chip. The part incorporates a power-on reset circuit that ensures the DAC output powers up to mid scale or zero scale and remains there until a valid write takes place to the device. The part contains a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to typically 330 nA at 5 V and provides software-selectable output loads while in power-down mode. The part is put into power-down mode over the serial interface. Total unadjusted error for the part is <3 mV. This part exhibits very low glitch on power-up.
- Available in a small 8-lead SOT-23 package.
- 16-bit resolution 4 LSB INL.
- Low glitch on power-up.
- High speed serial interface with clock speeds up to 30 MHz.
- Three power down modes available to the user.
- Reset to known output voltage (midscale to zero scale).
- Process Control
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Portable Battery-Powered Instruments
- Digital Gain and Offset Adjustment
- Programmable Voltage and Current Sources
- Programmable Attenuators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The evaluation board helps users quickly prototype new circuits for the AD5040/AD5060, AD5061, or AD5062 and reduce design time. The AD5040/AD5060, AD5061, and AD5062 operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply. An ADR444 is provided on-board as a 4.096 V reference source.
Full data on the AD5040/AD5060, AD5061, and AD5062 is available in the appropriate data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with user guide UG-923 when using the evaluation board.
The evaluation board interfaces to the USB port of a PC via the SDP board. Software is supplied with the evaluation board to allow the user to program the AD5040/AD5060, AD5061, or the AD5062.
The evaluation boards are compatible with the EVAL-SDP-CB1Z Blackfin® SDP controller board (SDP-B).
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD5040/AD5060, AD5061 or AD5062
- On board reference
- Various link options
- PC control in conjunction with the Analog Devices, Inc., EVAL-SDP-CB1Z system demonstration platform (SDP)
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.