Features and Benefits
- AD1856RZ has 0.008% THD
- AD1856RZ-K has 0.0025% THD
- Fast settling permits 2x, 4x or 8x oversampling
- ±3 V Output
- Optional trim allows superlinear performance
- ±5 V to ±12 V operation
The AD1856 is a monolithic 16-bit PCM Audio DAC. Each device provides a voltage output amplifier, 16-bit DAC, 16-bit serial-to-parallel input register and voltage reference. The digital portion of the AD1856 is fabricated with CMOS logic elements that are provided by Analog Devices’ BiMOS II process. The analog portion of the AD1856 is fabricated with bipolar and MOS devices as well as thin film resistors.
- Total harmonic distortion is 100% tested.
- MSB trim feature allows superlinear operation.
- The AD1856 operates with ±5 V to ±12 V supplies.
- Serial interface is compatible with digital filter chips.
- 1.5 µs settling time permits 2x, 4x and 8x oversampling.
- No external components are required.
- 96 dB dynamic range.
- ±3 V or ±1 mA output capability.
- 16-bit resolution.
- 2s complement serial input words.
- Low cost.
- 16-pin plastic DIP or SOIC package.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.