Features and Benefits
Product DetailsThe AD1403 and AD1403A are improved three-terminal, low cost, temperature compensated, bandgap voltage referenced that provide a fixed 2.5V output voltage for inputs between 4.5V and 40V. A unique combination of advanced circuit design and laser-wafer-trimmed thin-film resistors provides the AD1403/AD1403A with an initial tolerance of ±10mV and a temperature stability of better than 25ppm/°C. In addition, the low quiescent current drain of 1.5mA (max) offers a clear advantage over classical Zener techniques.
The AD1403 or AD1403A is recommended as a stable reference for all 8-, 10-, and 12-bit D-to-A converters that require an external reference. In addition, the wide input range of the AD1403/AD1403A allows operation with 5 volt logic supplies, making these devices ideal for digital panel meter applications and when only a single logic supply is available.
The AD1403 and AD1403A are specified for operation over the 0 to +70°C temperature range. The AD580 series of 2.5 volt precision IC references is recommended for applications where operation over the -55°C to +125°C range is required.
- The AD1403A offers improved initial tolerance over the industry- standard 1403A: ±10 mV versus ±25 mV at a lower cost.
- The three-terminal voltage in/voltage out operation of the AD1403/AD1403A provides a regulated output voltage without any external components.
- The AD1403/AD1403A provides a stable 2.5 V output voltage for input voltages between 4.5 V and 40 V making these devices ideal for systems that contain a single logic supply.
- Thin film resistor technology and tightly controlled bipolar processing provide the AD1403A with temperature stabilities of 25 ppm/°C.
- The low 1.5 mA maximum quiescent current drain of the AD1403 and AD1403A makes them ideal for CMOS and other low power applications.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.