Features and Benefits
- Flexible architecture to interface with all digital-to-analog converters (DACs)
- Accepts differential current or voltage input (provides single-ended voltage output)
- High output current drive capability
- Greater than 100 mA rms output current
- Accurately reproduces large music transients into heavy loads (16 Ω to 32 Ω)
- Excellent audio fidelity
- −121 dB total harmonic distortion plus noise (THD + N) at 1 kHz, 2 V rms output with ±5 V supply and 32 Ω load
- Low output integrated noise (10 Hz to 22 kHz) of 1.8 μV rms with A-weighted filter
- Supply range: ±3.3 V to ±6 V (typical)
- Low power operation
- Enabled: 60 mW, VCC = +5 V, VEE = −5 V
- Disabled/voice select: <30 μA
- Low power disable mode with high output impedance
- High-Z in power-down mode eliminating voice mode switch from the high fidelity path
- Greater than 87 dB power supply rejection ratio (PSRR) at 20 kHz
- Adjustable input common-mode voltage with resistor programmable reference voltage
- 1.45 V (typical) with no external components
- Capable of two single-pole, low-pass filters in series
- 2.2 nF maximum input capacitor
- Second filter between the GAINx and FILTx pins
- Pop and click noise suppression
- Signal chain integration supports small printed circuit board (PCB) area
- Compact 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP package
The SSM6322 is an integrated, dual-channel audio amplifier solution that interfaces directly with audio DAC/CODEC, maximizing the fidelity of high fidelity audio signal chains. The highly efficient design of the SSM6322 delivers outstanding audio performance while minimizing power dissipation for maximum battery life in portable applications.
The SSM6322 features −121 dB THD + N at 1 kHz, along with very low output noise from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. The low power operation, high peak output current, and high PSRR make the SSM6322 an ideal candidate for applications that require high fidelity audio, high dynamic range, precision, and low power. This highly integrated drive solution also reduces development time while reducing board space and minimizing external components.
The SSM6322 is available in a 24-lead LFCSP package. The SSM6322 operates over the industrial temperature of −40°C to +85°C.
- High fidelity headphone driver
- Mobile phones
- Bluetooth speakers & headphones
- Gaming Notebooks and Tablets
- A/V receivers
- Professional audio equipment
- Audio test equipment
- Automobile infotainment system
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The SSM6322 evaluation board, the SSM6322CP-EBZ, evaluates the SSM6322 which is offered in a 24-lead LFCSP package. The SSM6322CP-EBZ evaluation board is a 4-layer printed circuit board (PCB) designed to quickly evaluate the performance of the device and reduce design time. The SSM6322CP-EBZ accepts SMA edge mounted connectors to test equipment or other circuitry.
Complete specifications for the SSM6322 device are provided in the SSM6322 data sheet and should be consulted in conjunction with user guide UG-1097 when using the evaluation board.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.