Features and Benefits
- Low Noise Silent Switcher® Architecture
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.2V to 40V
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.8V to 15V
- 2A Continuous Output Current at 12VIN, 5VOUT, TA = 85°C
- 2.5A Peak Current
- Selectable Switching Frequency: 200kHz to 2.2MHz
- External Synchronization
- Configurable as an Inverter
- 6.25mm × 4mm × 2.22mm BGA Package
The LTM8063 is a 40VIN, 2A continuous, 2.5A peak, step-down µModule® (power module) regulator. Included in the package are the switching controller, power switches, inductor, and all support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 3.2V to 40V, the LTM8063 supports an output voltage range of 0.8V to 15V and a switching frequency range of 200kHz to 2.2MHz, each set by a single resistor. Only the input and output filter capacitors are needed to finish the design.
The low profile package enables utilization of unused space on the bottom of PC boards for high density point of load regulation. The LTM8063 is packaged in a thermally enhanced, compact over-molded ball grid array (BGA) package suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment. The LTM8063 is RoHS compliant.
- Automotive Battery Regulation
- Power for Portable Products
- Distributed Supply Regulation
- Industrial Supplies
- Wall Transformer Regulation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (3)
The Quad-MxFE System Development Platform contains four MxFE® software defined, direct RF sampling transceivers, as well as associated RF front-ends, clocking, and power circuitry. The target application is phased array radars, electronic warfare, and ground-based SATCOM, specifically a 16 transmit/16 receive channel direct sampling phased array at L/S/C band (0.1 GHz to ~5GHz). The Rx & Tx RF front-end has drop-in configurations that allow for customized frequency ranges, depending on the user’s application.
The Quad-MxFE System Development Platform highlights a complete system solution. It is intended as a testbed for demonstrating multi-chip synchronization as well as the implementation of system level calibrations, beamforming algorithms, and other signal processing algorithms. The system is designed to mate with a VCU118 Evaluation Board from Xilinx®, which features the Virtex® UltraScale+™ XCVU9P FPGA, with provided reference software, HDL code, and MATLAB system-level interfacing.
In addition to the Quad-MxFE Digitizing Card, the kit also contains a 16Tx / 16Rx Calibration Board that is used to develop system-level calibration algorithms, or otherwise more easily demonstrate power-up phase determinism in situations pertinent to their own use case. The Calibration Board also allows the user to demonstrate combined-channel dynamic range, spurious, and phase noise improvements and can also be controlled via a free MATLAB add-on when connected to the PMOD interface of the VCU118.
The system can be used to enable quick time-to-market development programs for applications like:
- ADEF (Phased-Array, RADAR, EW, SATCOM)
- Communications Infrastructure (Multiband 5G and mmWave 5G)
- Electronic Test and Measurement
Features & BenefitsQuad-MxFE Digitizing Card
- Multi-Channel, Wideband System Development Platform Using MxFE
- Mates With Xilinx VCU118 Evaluation Board (Not Included)
- 16x RF Receive (Rx) Channels (32x Digital Rx Channels)
- Total 16x 1.5GSPS to 4GSPS ADC
- 48x Digital Down Converters (DDCs), Each Including Complex Numerically-Controlled Oscillators (NCOs)
- 16x Programmable Finite Impulse Response Filters (pFIRs)
- 16x RF Transmit (Tx) Channels (32x Digital Tx Channels)
- Total 16x 3GSPS to 12GSPS DAC
- 48x Digital Up Converters (DUCs) , Each Including Complex Numerically-Controlled Oscillators (NCOs)
- Flexible Rx & Tx RF Front-Ends
- Rx: Filtering, Amplification, Digital Step Attenuation for Gain Control
- Tx: Filtering, Amplification
- On-Board Power Regulation from Single 12V Power Adapter (Included)
- Flexible Clock Distribution
- On-Board Clock Distribution from Single External 500MHz Reference
- Support for External Converter Clock per MxFE
- Mates to Quad-MxFE Digitizing Card & VCU118 PMOD Interface (Cable Included)
- Provides Both Individual Adjacent Channel Loopback and Combined Channel Loopback Options
- Combined Tx Channels Out Via SMA Option
- Combined Rx Channels In Via SMA Option
- On-Board Log Power Detectors With AD5592R Output To VCU118 Over PMOD
- On-Board Power Regulation from Single 12V Power Adapter (Included)
Easy Control Tools and Platform Interfaces to Simplify Software Framework Developments:
- IIO Oscilloscope GUI
- MATLAB Add-Ons & Example Scripts
- Example HDL Builds including JESD204b/JESD204c Bring-Up
- Embedded Software Solutions for Linux and Device Drivers
- MATLAB System Applications GUI
- Multi-Chip Synchronization for Power-Up Phase Determinism
- System-Level Amplitude/Phase Alignment Using NCOs
- Low-Latency ADC-to-DAC Loopback Bypassing JESD Interface
- pFIR Control for Broadband Channel-to-Channel Amplitude/Phase Alignment
- Fast-Frequency Hopping
- Calibration Board MATLAB Driver File
- FPGA Programming MATLAB Script
The AD9208-3000EBZ supports the AD9208-3000, a 14-bit, 3GSPS dual analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The device has an on-chip buffer and a sample-and-hold circuit designed for low power, small size, and ease of use. This device is designed support direct RF sampling analog signals of up to 5 GHz. The 3 dB bandwidth of the ADC input is greater than 9 GHz. The AD9208 is optimized for wide input bandwidth, high sampling rate, excellent linearity, and low power in a small package.
This reference design provides all of the support circuitry required to operate the ADC in its various modes and configurations. It is designed to interface directly with the ADS7-V2EBZ data capture card, allowing users to download captured data for analysis. The device control and subsequent data analyses can now be done using the ACE software package.
The AD9208-DUAL-EBZ is a demonstration board designed to show multi-chip synchronization using JESD204B subclass1 protocol. The AD9208-3000 is a 14-bit, 3GSPS dual analog-to-digital converter (ADC). This device is designed support direct RF sampling analog signals of up to 5 GHz. The 3 dB bandwidth of the ADC input is greater than 9 GHz. The AD9208 is optimized for wide input bandwidth, high sampling rate, excellent linearity, and low power in a small package. The HMC7044 is a high performance, dual-loop, integer-N jitter attenuator capable of performing reference selection and generation of ultralow phase noise frequencies for high speed data converters with either parallel or serial (JESD204B type) interfaces. The LTM8074 is a 40VIN, 1.2A continuous, 1.75A peak, step-down µModule® (power module) regulator. The Silent Switcher architecture minimizes EMI while delivering high efficiency at frequencies up to 2.2MHz.
This reference design provides all of the support circuitry required to operate the ADC in its various modes and configurations. It is designed to easily demonstrate multi-chip synchronization using the JESD204B subclass1 protocol. The board is designed to interface directly with FPGA development boards with FMC+ (Vita57.4) connector.
Features & Benefits
Two evaluation options are available: AD9208-3000EBZ and AD9208-DUAL-EBZ.
- AD9208-3000 Features
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD9208-3000.
- Wide band Balun driven input.
- No external supply needed. Uses 12V-1A and 3.3V-3A supplies from FMC connector.
- Single software interface for device control and analysis through ACE.
- AD9208-DUAL Features
- Demonstration board showing multi-chip synchronization of two AD9208 ADCs using HMC7044.
- Self contained clocking for the ADCs as well as the FPGA.
- Single external 12V supply.
- Interfaces with VCU118 or similar FPGA development board with FMC+ (Vita57.4) connector.
- Uses Analog Devices’ JESD204B IP framework.
- Low SWaP high efficiency power delivery using Silent Switcher technology.
- Full software support available Analog Devices Wiki Page.
Demonstration circuit 2494A is a 40V, 2A step-down μModule® regulator featuring the LTM8063. The demo board is designed for 5V output from a 6.5V to 40V input. The wide input range allows a variety of input sources, such as automotive batteries and industrial supplies. The user adjustable features of the LTM8063 such as output voltage, switching frequency, soft-start, and power good can be changed on DC2494A simply by modifying the appropriate resistors and/or capacitors.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
To open the project file for this circuit:
Step 1: Download and install LTpowerCAD on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link(s) in the section below to download part-specific project files.
Step 3: If the project file doesn't run, right-click the link and select "Save Target As." Then start the LTpowerCAD tool and open the project file by selecing "Open Project" from the "File" menu.
LTpowerCAD Project Files
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Product Selection Guide (1)
Press Releases (1)
Technical Articles (3)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.