Features and Benefits
- High Current 400mA
- Low Dropout: 300mV at 400mA Output
- Ultra Low Noise: 3nV/√Hz at 10 kHz, 6nV/√Hz at 1 kHz
- High Power Supply Rejection Ratio(PSRR): <60 dB at 1 kHz, <30 dB at 1 MHz
- Adjustable Voltage Output: VR 1.8 to 5V at 400mA
- Works with Low ESR Ceramic Capacitors
- Low Power-Down Current: <1 μA
- Thermal Protection
- 16 Lead 3 x 3 mm SMT Package: 9 mm²
The HMC976LP3E is a BiCMOS ultra low noise linear voltage regulator. The high Power Supply Rejection Ratio (PSRR) in the 0.1 MHz to 10 MHz range provides excellent rejection of any preceding switching regulator or other power supply noise. The voltage output is ideal for frequency generation subsystems including Hittite’s broad line of PLLs with integrated VCOs. The output voltage can be adjusted lower than the default value by using one external resistor.
The output can be set to 5V by grounding the HV pin. The regulator can be powered down by the TTL-compatible Enable input. The HMC976LP3E is housed in a 3x3mm QFN SMT package.
- Test Instrumentation
- Military Radios, Radar and ECM
- Basestation Infrastructure
- Ultra Low Noise Frequency Generation
- Fractional-N Synthesizer Supply
- Mixed-Signal Circuit Supply
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Quality Documentation (4)
Tape & Reel Specification (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.