Features and Benefits
- 2 A peak output current (<2 Ω RDSON)
- 2.5 V to 6.5 V input
- 4.5 V to 35 V output
- Undervoltage lockout (UVLO) at 2.5 V VDD1
- Multiple UVLO options on VDD2
- Grade A: 4.4 V (typical) UVLO on VDD2
- Grade B: 7.3 V (typical) UVLO on VDD2
- Grade C: 11.3 V (typical) UVLO on VDD2
- Precise timing characteristics
- 53 ns maximum isolator and driver propagation delay
- CMOS input logic levels
- High common-mode transient immunity: >150 kV/µs
- High junction temperature operation: 125°C
- Default low output
- Internal Miller clamp
- Safety and regulatory approvals (pending)
- UL recognition per UL 1577
- 5 kV rms for 1 minute SOIC long package
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- VDE certificate of conformity (pending)
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10): 2006-12
- VIORM = 849 V peak
- Wide body, 8-lead SOIC
- Download ADuM4121-1-EP data sheet (pdf)
- Military temperature range: −55°C to +125°C
- Undervoltage lockout (UVLO) at 7.5 V VDD2
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- 1 assembly/test site
- 1 fabrication site
- Product change notification
- Qualification data available on request
- V62/19601-01XE DSCC Drawing Number
The ADuM4121/ADuM4121-1 are 2 A isolated, single-channel drivers that employ Analog Devices, Inc.’s iCoupler® technology to provide precision isolation. The ADuM4121/ADuM4121-1 provide 5 kV rms isolation in the wide-body, 8-lead SOIC package. Combining high speed CMOS and monolithic transformer technology, these isolation components provide outstanding performance characteristics superior to alternatives such as the combination of pulse transformers and gate drivers.
The ADuM4121/ADuM4121-1 operate with an input supply ranging from 2.5 V to 6.5 V, providing compatibility with lower voltage systems. In comparison to gate drivers that employ high voltage level translation methodologies, the ADuM4121/ ADuM4121-1 offer the benefit of true, galvanic isolation between the input and the output.
The ADuM4121/ADuM4121-1 include an internal Miller clamp that activates at 2 V on the falling edge of the gate drive output, supplying the driven gate with a lower impedance path to reduce the chance of Miller capacitance induced turn on.
Options exists to allow the thermal shutdown to be enabled or disabled. As a result, the ADuM4121/ADuM4121-1 provide reliable control over the switching characteristics of insulated gate bipolar transistor (IGBT)/metal oxide semiconductor field, effect transistor (MOSFET) configurations over a wide range of switching voltages.
- Switching power supplies
- Isolated IGBT/MOSFET gate drives
- Industrial inverters
- Gallium nitride (GaN)/silicon carbide (SiC) power devices
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADuM4121EBZ and EVAL-ADuM4121-1EBZ evaluation boards support the ADuM4121/ADuM4121-1 single-channel gate drivers with an integrated miller clamp. Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology provides isolation between the input signal and the output gate driver. The EVAL-ADuM4121-1EBZ option is populated with the ADuM4121-1 which does not contain an internal thermal shutdown and does not shutdown the output in case of junction temperatures above 155°C (typical).
The ADuM4121 provides operation with voltages of up to 35 V. The integrated miller clamp activates on the falling edge of an edge transition to further clamp the output low to counteract miller turn on effects.
The EVAL-ADuM4121EBZ evaluation board facilitates testing of the propagation delay, drive strength, miller clamp functionality, and input logic of the device.
For complete information about the ADuM4121/ADuM4121-1, refer to the ADuM4121/ADuM4121-1 data sheet that should be consulted in conjunction with user guide UG-1041 when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- 2 A peak drive output capability
- Output power device resistance: <2 Ω
- Low propagation delay: <51 ns
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- Output voltage range to 35 V
- Output and input undervoltage lockout (UVLO)
- Pad placement for multiple switch types
- Screw terminals for easy connectivity
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Product Selector Card (1)
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.