New Content (2)
Features and Benefits
- High common-mode transient immunity: 100 kV/μs
- High robustness to radiated and conducted noise
- Low propagation delay: 13 ns maximum for 5 V operation, 15 ns maximum for 1.8 V operation
- 150 Mbps maximum data rate
- Safety and regulatory approvals (pending)
- UL recognition: 5000 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- VDE certificate of conformity
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
- VIORM = 849 V peak
- 10,000 V peak surge/impulse voltage rating
- CQC Certification per GB4943.1-2011
- Low dynamic power consumption
- 1.8 V to 5 V level translation
- High temperature operation: 125°C maximum
- Fail-safe high or low options
- 8-lead/16-lead, RoHS compliant SOIC packages
- Qualified for automotive applications
The ADuM220N/ADuM221N/ADuM225N/ADuM226N1 are dual-channel digital isolators based on Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology. Combining high speed, complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) and monolithic air core transformer technology, these isolation components provide outstanding performance characteristics superior to alternatives such as optocoupler devices and other integrated couplers. The maximum propagation delay is 13 ns with a pulse width distortion (PWD) of less than 3 ns at 5 V operation. Channel matching is tight at 3.0 ns maximum.
The ADuM220N/ADuM221N/ADuM225N/ADuM226N data channels are independent and are available in a variety of configurations with a withstand voltage rating of 5.0 kV rms (see the Ordering Guide). The devices operate with the supply voltage on either side ranging from 1.8 V to 5 V, providing compatibility with lower voltage systems as well as enabling voltage translation functionality across the isolation barrier. Unlike other optocoupler alternatives, dc correctness is ensured in the absence of input logic transitions. Two different fail-safe options are available, in which the outputs transition to a predetermined state when the input power supply is not applied or the inputs are disabled. The ADuM220N0 is pin compatible with the ADuM2210 RW-16 package. The ADuM220N1 is pin compatible with the ADuM2200 RW-16 package.
- General-purpose multichannel isolation
- Industrial field bus isolation
- Automotive systems
1 Protected by U.S. Patents 5,952,849; 6,873,065; 6,903,578; and 7,075,329. Other patents are pending.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.