New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- Buck regulators
- BUCK1, 2.5 A maximum continuous output current range with DVS
- BUCK2, 2.5 A maximum continuous output current range with adjustable output voltage
- BUCK3, 3 A maximum continuous output current range with adjustable output voltage
- BUCK4, 3 A maximum continuous output current range with low noise output
- Boost regulator: fixed 5 V output, 400 mA output current range
- Seven LDO regulators with low noise output
- LDO1: 300 mA
- LDO2: 2.3 A
- LDO3: 1.4 A
- LDO4: 1.2 A
- LDO5: 500 mA
- LDO6: 50 mA
- LDO7: 400 mA
- 2.2 MHz (typical) switching frequency
- Synchronization input or output
- Out of phase between buck regulators
- Integrated soft start and compensation for all regulators
- Overcurrent and thermal protection for all power rails
- 2 window voltage monitors
- 2 window watchdogs with pulse detection
- One QA watchdog
- Wake-up input
- SPI for control and diagnostics
- RESET, FAULT, and STATUS outputs
- 56-terminal LGA
- AEC-Q100 qualified for automotive applications
The ADP5140 integrates four high performance, synchronous, step-down buck regulators (BUCK1 to BUCK4), one boost regulator, and seven low noise, low dropout (LDO) regulators (LDO1 to LDO7). The buck regulators support input voltages from 2.7 V to 5.5 V and provide output currents from 2.5 A to 3 A. The boost regulator provides a fixed 5 V output and provides a 400 mA load current. The seven LDOs provide a clean output voltage for the system. LDO5 provides an ultralow noise output that can be used to power noise sensitive loads.
The ADP5140 runs in a fixed 2.2 MHz switching frequency (fSW) or can synchronize to an external clock from its 1.9 MHz to 2.4 MHz synchronization range, which is outside of the amplitude modulation (AM) band. The four buck regulators run at 90° out of phase to reduce the input ripple current and the input capacitor size, which lowers the system electromagnetic interference (EMI).
All regulators integrate internal compensation to simplify the design. The internal soft start circuitry and power-up sequencing reduce the input inrush current.
Each voltage rail is monitored internally and any fault event is reported to the system through the RESET, FAULT, and STATUS pins. Two window watchdogs (WD0 and WD1) and one question answer (QA) watchdog monitor the processor or other devices in the system to ensure that any software or hardware errors are detected. The ADP5140 integrates a serial peripheral interface (SPI) for system control and diagnostics.
Additional protection includes current-limit protection, overvoltage protection, undervoltage protection, and thermal shutdown (TSD).
The ADP5140 operates over a junction temperature range of −40°C to +150°C and is available in a 56-terminal, land grid array (LGA).
- Advanced driver assistance (ADAS)
- Automotive electronics
- Infotainment system
- Industrial and instrumentation
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADP5140-EVALZ provides a complete and compact solution that allows users to evaluate the performance of the ADP5140 with a near ideal printed circuit board (PCB) layout.
The main device on the ADP5140-EVALZ, the ADP5140, integrates four high performance, synchronous step-down buck regulators (Buck1 to Buck4), one boost regulator, and seven low noise low dropout (LDO) regulators (LDO1 to LDO7). Each voltage rail is monitored internally and any fault event is reported to the system through the RESET pin, FAULT pin, and STATUS pin.
The ADP5140-EVALZ has enable and sequence controls for all regulators that allow every voltage rail to start up with a fixed sequence.
The ADP5140-EVALZ has a serial peripheral interface (SPI) for system control and diagnostics. A dedicated graphical user interface (GUI) software is associated with the ADP5140-EVALZ for flexible evaluation of the ADP5140.
For full details on the ADP5140, see the ADP5140 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with the user guide when using the ADP5140-EVALZ.
Features & Benefits
- Fully featured evaluation board for the ADP5140
- Compact solution size
- 4-layer, high glass transition temperature (TG) PCB for superior thermal performance
- Connections through vertical, printed circuit, tail pin headers
- Supply voltage: 3.5 V to 4.1 V (3.7 V typical)
- Adjustable output for Buck2 and Buck3 regulators
- Fixed output for Buck1, Buck4, boost, and all LDO regulators
- Fixed start-up sequence
- Voltage monitor and watchdog function
- RESET, FAULT, and STATUS outputs
- SPI communication protocol
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.