Features and Benefits
- 3 A maximum output current
- Low input voltage supply range
- VIN = 1.10 V to 1.98 V, no external bias supply required
- Fixed output voltage range: VOUT_FIXED = 0.9 V to 1.5 V
- Adjustable output voltage range: VOUT_ADJ = 0.5 V to 1.5 V
- Ultralow noise: 2 μV rms, 100 Hz to 100 kHz
- Noise spectral density
- 4 nV/√Hz at 10 kHz
- 3 nV/√Hz at 100 kHz
- Low dropout voltage: 95 mV typical at 3 A load
- Operating supply current: 4.5 mA typical at no load
- ±1.5% fixed output voltage accuracy over line, load, and temperature
- Excellent power supply rejection ratio (PSRR) performance
- 59 dB typical at 10 kHz at 3 A load
- 43 dB typical at 100 kHz at 3 A load
- Excellent load/line transient response
- Soft start to reduce inrush current
- Optimized for small 10 μF ceramic capacitors
- Current-limit and thermal overload protection
- Power-good indicator
- Precision enable
- 16-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP package
The ADP1763 is a low noise, low dropout (LDO) linear regulator. It is designed to operate from a single input supply with an input voltage as low as 1.10 V without the requirement of an external bias supply to increase efficiency and provide up to 3 A of output current.
The low 95 mV typical dropout voltage at a 3 A load allows the ADP1763 to operate with a small headroom while maintaining regulation and providing better efficiency.
The ADP1763 is optimized for stable operation with small 10 μF ceramic output capacitors. The ADP1763 delivers optimal transient performance with minimal board area.
The ADP1763 is available in fixed output voltages ranging from 0.9 V to 1.5 V. The output of the adjustable output model can be set from 0.5 V to 1.5 V through an external resistor connected between VADJ and ground.
The ADP1763 has an externally programmable soft start time by connecting a capacitor to the SS pin. Short-circuit and thermal overload protection circuits prevent damage in adverse conditions. The ADP1763 is available in a small 16-lead LFCSP package for the smallest footprint solution to meet a variety of applications.
- Regulation to noise sensitive applications such as radio frequency (RF) transceivers, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and digital-to-analog converter (DAC) circuits, phase-locked loops (PLLs), voltage controlled oscillators (VCOs) and clocking integrated circuits
- Field-programmable gate array (FPGA) and digital signal processor (DSP) supplies
- Medical and healthcare
- Industrial and instrumentation
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The AD9208-3000EBZ supports the AD9208-3000, a 14-bit, 3GSPS dual analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The device has an on-chip buffer and a sample-and-hold circuit designed for low power, small size, and ease of use. This device is designed support direct RF sampling analog signals of up to 5 GHz. The 3 dB bandwidth of the ADC input is greater than 9 GHz. The AD9208 is optimized for wide input bandwidth, high sampling rate, excellent linearity, and low power in a small package.
This reference design provides all of the support circuitry required to operate the ADC in its various modes and configurations. It is designed to interface directly with the ADS7-V2EBZ data capture card, allowing users to download captured data for analysis. The device control and subsequent data analyses can now be done using the ACE software package.
The AD9208-DUAL-EBZ is a demonstration board designed to show multi-chip synchronization using JESD204B subclass1 protocol. The AD9208-3000 is a 14-bit, 3GSPS dual analog-to-digital converter (ADC). This device is designed support direct RF sampling analog signals of up to 5 GHz. The 3 dB bandwidth of the ADC input is greater than 9 GHz. The AD9208 is optimized for wide input bandwidth, high sampling rate, excellent linearity, and low power in a small package. The HMC7044 is a high performance, dual-loop, integer-N jitter attenuator capable of performing reference selection and generation of ultralow phase noise frequencies for high speed data converters with either parallel or serial (JESD204B type) interfaces. The LTM8074 is a 40VIN, 1.2A continuous, 1.75A peak, step-down µModule® (power module) regulator. The Silent Switcher architecture minimizes EMI while delivering high efficiency at frequencies up to 2.2MHz.
This reference design provides all of the support circuitry required to operate the ADC in its various modes and configurations. It is designed to easily demonstrate multi-chip synchronization using the JESD204B subclass1 protocol. The board is designed to interface directly with FPGA development boards with FMC+ (Vita57.4) connector.
Features & Benefits
Two evaluation options are available: AD9208-3000EBZ and AD9208-DUAL-EBZ.
- AD9208-3000 Features
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD9208-3000.
- Wide band Balun driven input.
- No external supply needed. Uses 12V-1A and 3.3V-3A supplies from FMC connector.
- Single software interface for device control and analysis through ACE.
- AD9208-DUAL Features
- Demonstration board showing multi-chip synchronization of two AD9208 ADCs using HMC7044.
- Self contained clocking for the ADCs as well as the FPGA.
- Single external 12V supply.
- Interfaces with VCU118 or similar FPGA development board with FMC+ (Vita57.4) connector.
- Uses Analog Devices’ JESD204B IP framework.
- Low SWaP high efficiency power delivery using Silent Switcher technology.
- Full software support available Analog Devices Wiki Page.
The ADP1761, ADP1762, and ADP1763 evaluation boards demonstrate the functionality of the ADP1761, ADP1762, and ADP1763 series of linear regulators.
Simple device measurements, such as line and load regulation, dropout voltage, and ground current, are demonstrated with only a single voltage supply, a voltmeter, an ammeter, and load resistors.
For full details on the ADP1761, ADP1762, and ADP1763 line regulators, see the ADP1761, ADP1762, and ADP1763 data sheets, which should be consulted in conjunction with the user guide, UG-954, when using this evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Input voltage range: 1.1 V to 1.98 V
- Output current range
– ADP1761: 0 mA to 1 A
– ADP1762: 0 mA to 2 A
– ADP1763: 0 mA to 3 A
- Output voltage accuracy: ±1.5%
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Microsoft Excel download tool from ADIsimPower to generate a power supply design complete with a schematic, bill of materials, and performance specifications.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.