Features and Benefits
- SPI interface with error detection
- Includes CRC, invalid read/write address, and SCLK count error detection
- Supports burst and daisy-chain mode
- Industry-standard SPI Mode 0 and Mode 3 interface-compatible
- Guaranteed break-before-make switching, allowing external wiring of switches to deliver multiplexer configurations
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
- Fully specified at ±15 V, ±20 V, +12 V, and +36 V
- 9 V to 40 V single-supply operation (VDD)
- ±9 V to ±22 V dual-supply operation (VDD/VSS)
- 8 kV HBM ESD rating
- Low on resistance
- 1.8 V logic compatibility with 2.7 V ≤ VL ≤ 3.3 V
The ADGS5414 contains eight independent single-pole/single-throw (SPST) switches. An SPI interface controls the switches and has robust error detection features, including cyclic redundancy check (CRC) error detection, invalid read/write address error detection, and SCLK count error detection.
It is possible to daisy-chain multiple ADGS5414 devices together. This enables the configuration of multiple devices with a minimal amount of digital lines. The ADGS5414 can also operate in burst mode to decrease the time between SPI commands.
Each switch conducts equally well in both directions when on, and each switch has an input signal range that extends to the supplies. In the off condition, signal levels up to the supplies are blocked.
The on-resistance profile is flat over the full analog input range, ensuring ideal linearity and low distortion when switching audio signals. The ADGS5414 exhibits break-before-make switching action, allowing the use of the device in multiplexer applications with external wiring.
- The SPI interface removes the need for parallel conversion, logic traces, and reduces the general-purpose input/output (GPIO) channel count.
- Daisy-chain mode removes the need for additional logic traces when using multiple devices.
- CRC error detection, invalid read/write address error detenction, and SCLK count error detection ensures a robust digital interface.
- CRC and error detection capabilities allow the use of the ADGS5414 in safety critical systems.
- Break-before-make switching allows external wiring of the switches to deliver multiplexer configurations.
- The trench isolation analog switch section guards against latch-up. A dielectric trench separates the positive and negative channel transistors, preventing latch-up even under severe overvoltage conditions.
- Relay replacement
- Automatic test equipment
- Data acquisition
- Audio and video switching
- Communication systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADGS5414SDZ is the evaluation board for the ADGS5414. The ADGS5414 is a latch-up proof, octal single-pole, single-throw (SPST) switch controlled by a serial peripheral interface (SPI). The SPI has robust error detection features, including cyclic redundancy check (CRC) error detection, invalid read/write address detection, and serial clock (SCLK) count error detection. It is possible to daisy-chain multiple ADGS5414 devices together. This enables the configuration of multiple devices with a minimal amount of digital lines. The ADGS5414 also supports burst mode, which decreases the time between SPI commands.
The EVAL-ADGS5414SDZ is controlled by the EVAL-SDP-CB1Z system demonstration platform (SDP), which connects to a PC via a USB port. The ADGS5414 is on the center of the evaluation board, and wire screw terminals are provided to connect to each of the source pins and drain pins. Three screw terminals power the device, and a fourth terminal provides users with a defined digital logic supply voltage, if required. Alternatively, the digital logic supply voltage can be supplied from the SDP.
Full specifications of the ADGS5414 are available in the ADGS5414 data sheet available from Analog Devices, Inc., and should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
The evaluation board interfaces to the USB port of a PC via the SDP board. The EVAL-SDP-CB1Z board (SDP-B controller board) is available to order on the Analog Devices website at www.analog.com.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.