Features and Benefits
- Extreme high temperature operation up to 210°C
- Latch-up proof
- JESD78D Class II rating
- Low leakage
- Ultralow capacitance and charge injection
- Source capacitance, off: 2.9 pF at ±15 V dual supply
- Drain capacitance, off: 34 pF at ±15 V dual supply
- Charge injection: 0.2 pC at ±15 V dual supply and +12 V single supply
- Low on resistance: 290 Ω typical for dual supply at 210°C
- ±9 V to ±22 V dual-supply operation
- 9 V to 40 V single-supply operation
- 48 V supply maximum rating
- Fully specified at ±15 V, ±20 V, +12 V, and +36 V
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
The ADG5298 is a latch-up proof, monolithic, complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) analog multiplexer designed for operation up to 210°C. The ADG5298 switches one of eight inputs to a common output, as determined by the 3-bit binary address lines, A0, A1, and A2.
An EN input enables or disables the device. When EN is disabled, all channels switch off. The ultralow capacitance and charge injection of this switch makes it an ideal solution for data acquisition and sample-and-hold applications, where low glitch and fast settling are required.
The switch conducts equally well in both directions when on, and it has an input signal range that extends to the power supplies. In the off condition, signal levels up to the supplies are blocked. This multiplexer is available in a 16-lead ceramic flat package (FLATPACK) and a 16-lead ceramic flat package with reverse formed gullwing leads (FLATPACK_RF). Both packages are designed for robustness at extreme temperatures and are qualified for up to 1000 hours of operation at the maximum temperature rating.
The ADG5298 is a member of a growing series of high temperature qualified products offered by Analog Devices, Inc. For a complete selection table of available high temperature products, see the high temperature product list and qualification data available at www.analog.com/hightemp.
- Trench Isolation Guards Against Latch-Up and Minimizes Parasitic Leakage.
A dielectric trench separates the P channel and N channel transistors to prevent latch-up even under severe overvoltage conditions.
- Achieved JESD78D Class II rating.
The ADG5298 was stressed to ±500 mA with a 10 ms pulse at the maximum temperature of the device (210°C).
- 0.2 pC Charge Injection.
- Dual-Supply Operation.
For applications where the analog signal is bipolar, the ADG5298 can operate from dual supplies of up to ±22 V.
- Single-Supply Operation.
For applications where the analog signal is unipolar, the ADG5298 can operate from a single rail power supply of up to 40 V.
- 3 V Logic-Compatible Digital Inputs.
VINH = 2.0 V, VINL = 0.8 V.
- No VL Logic Power Supply Required.
- Downhole drilling and instrumentation
- Heavy industrial
- High temperature environments
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EVAL-ADG5298EB1Z is the evaluation board for the ADG5298 high temperature 8:1 multiplexer. The entire board assembly is constructed with high temperature compliant materials and is suitable for short duration device evaluation up to 210°C.
The ADG5298 is soldered to the center of the EVALADG5298EB1Z evaluation board, and headers are provided to connect to each of the source and drain pins. A four pin header powers the device and provides a user defined digital logic supply voltage.
Full specifications on the ADG5298 are available in the ADG5298 data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with user guide UG-1038 when using the EVAL-ADG5298EB1Z evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Up to 210°C high temperature operation
- Supply voltages
- Dual supply: ±5 V to ±22 V
- Single supply: 8 V to 44 V
- Parallel interface compatible with 3 V logic
EV-HT-200CDAQ1 builds on the CN0365 analog front end reference design from with the goal of providing a foundation for a high temperature, low power microcontroller-based data acquisition and control solution that meets the requirements for many downhole instrumentation and other high temperature applications. Based upon the AD7981 analog-to-digital SAR converter, this reference design demonstrates a full featured system with two high speed simultaneously sampled channels along with 8 additional multiplexed channels suitable for covering the acquisition requirements of a broad range of downhole tools (10 channels total). This analog front end is connected to the VORAGO Technologies VA10800 ARM® Cortex®-M0 based microcontroller via multiple SPI ports. Once acquired, the data can be processed locally or transmitted via a UART or optional RS485 communications interface. Other supporting components on the board, including memory, clock, power and passives are all rated for high temperature operation by their respective suppliers and verified to operate reliably at 200°C or higher. In addition to the hardware, open source firmware is supplied for the project using FreeRTOS with optimized drivers and data acqusition protocol with multiple modes of operation. Open source PC software included allows the users to connect to the board via UART to control acquisition modes, view data, log data and perform signal analysis. This platform is suitable for reference design, rapid prototyping (such as new sensor techniques) and lab testing of high temperature instrumentation systems.
Features & Benefits
- Complete high temperature data acquisition reference platform with all components and assembly materials rated to at least 200°C
- 10 channels of high precision analog to digital conversion
- (2) Direct channels, 400ksps max
- (8) Multiplexed channels, 16ksps max (including temp sensor)
- Multiple GPIO for external control and optional external triggering
- Complete software package including
- Optimized firmware with RTOS for multiple modes of data acquisition
- PC Host software for control, viewing and logging data
- Source code available for all software
- Form factor compatible with downhole oil/gas exploration instrumentation
- Kit includes analog and digital/power breakout boards for rapid evaluation
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.