Product Lifecycle Obsolete
The models in this product family are no longer available.
To find replacement products for this part:
Rochester Electronics and Arrow Supply Assurance have partnered with Analog Devices to source products that have been previously discontinued or have become obsolete.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The TSC flash programmer model TFP2 provides a stand-alone flash memory programming tool for Teridian's embedded controllers. The TFP2 facilitates flash programming in a manufacturing production environment requiring minimum ancillary equipment. Once the TFP2 has been initialized with the target's program code, the target's flash memory can be programmed either manually through operator pushbutton, or controlled by a factory automation computer (ATE).
- Conditional Access and Payment Slots in Digital STB, PVR and Integrated DTVs
- POS Terminals
- SIM Readers in Wireless Devices (WiMAX, GSM, GPRS)
- Vending and Ticketing Machines
Features & Benefits
- Model TFP2 Flash Programmer
- 5V DC/1000mA Universal Wall Transformer with 2.5mm Plug
- Serial Cable, DB9, Male/Female, Straight Cable, 2m Length
- ATE Cable Housing and Crimp Pins
- Target-LS Cable Housing and Crimp Pins
- CHKSUM.EXE Utility Diskette
- Model TFP2 User Manual
- TFP2 Quick Start Guide
The TERIDIAN Semiconductor Corporation (TSC) 71M6531 Demo Board is an energy meter IC demonstration board for evaluating the 71M6531D/F device for residential electronic energy metering applications. It incorporates a 71M6531D/F integrated circuit, peripheral circuitry such as a serial EEPROM, emulator port, and on-board power supply as well as a companion Debug Board that allows a connection to a PC through a RS232 port. The Demo Board allows the evaluation of the 71M6531D/F energy meter controller chip for measurement accuracy and overall system use.
The board is pre-programmed with a Demo Program (file name 6531_demo.hex) in the FLASH memory of the 71M6531D/F IC. This embedded application is developed to exercise all low-level functions to directly manage the peripherals and CPU (clock, timing, power savings, etc.).
- High-End Residential Meters, AMR/AMI, and TOU
Features & BenefitsDemo Kit Contents
- 71M6531 Demo Board containing 71M6531D/F IC with preloaded Demo Program and prepared for either CT or shunt resistor operation
- Debug Board
- Shunt resistor with wire harness, 400µO (for kits shipped in shunt configuration)
- Two 5VDC/1,000mA universal wall transformers w/ 2.5mm plug (Switchcraft 712A)
- Serial cable, DB9, Male/Female, 2m length (Digi-Key AE1379-ND)
- CD-ROM containing documentation (data sheet, board schematics, BOM, layout), Demo Code, and utilities
Documentation & Resources
UG-5539: Programming Meter ICs Guide | Maxim Integrated1/8/2013524K
UG-4741: 71M65xx ADM51 ICE Safety Notice7/27/2010167K
UG-4748: 71M6531 Demo Board Quick Start Guide7/27/2010164K
Compiling Meter Code with New Computation Engine (CE) Code Images11/19/2013
Return to Mission Mode under Battery Power6/24/2011
CE31A06 - Harmonic Analysis6/24/2011
The SPI Interfaces of the 71M65xx6/24/2011
Field Download of Code to the 71M653x ICs6/24/2011
A Low-Current Power Supply for the 71M65XX Metering ICs6/17/2011
Operating the 71M653X with External Serial SRAM2/9/2011
Code for Bank-Switching with the 653X-Series2/3/2011
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.