The MAXREFDES106# Health System Platform 4.0 is a chest patch reference design that performs vital sign monitoring (VSM). The system uses high sensitivity photoplethysmography (PPG), electrocardiogram (ECG), and bioimpedance (BioZ), Temperature biosensors and algorithms measure blood oxygenation (SpO2), heart rate (HR), respiration rate (RR), impedance cardiography (ICG), body impedance analysis (BIA), and skin/ambient temperatures. The vital signs data can be streamed through low-energy Bluetooth® to a PC graphical user interface (GUI) for demonstration, evaluation, and customized development.
Features & Benefits
- Photoplethysmography (PPG)
- Biopotential Measurement (ECG)
- Bioimpedance Measurement (BioZ)
- Skin and Ambient Temperature
- Embedded Heart Rate (HR), Respiration Rate (RR), Oxygen Saturation (SpO2), Impedance Cardiography (ICG), and Body Impedance Analysis (BIA) Algorithms
- Location Finder to Determine the Optimal Placement Location on the Chest
- Motion and Acceleration
- Chest-Worn Form Factor
- Remote Patient Monitoring/Vital Sign Patch
The MAXREFDES106# enables the quick evaluation of the hardware and embedded firmware for blood oxygenation (SpO2), heart rate (HR), respiration rate (RR), impedance cardiography (ICG), body impedance analysis (BIA), and skin/ambient temperatures for a chest-worn platform, which significantly shortens the development time for custom fitness, health, and clinical applications. Figure 1 shows the system diagram of MAXREFDES106#. Figure 2 is the summary of monitored vital signs, SpO2, ECG, RESP and Ambient/Skin temperatures.
The MAXREFDES106# platform includes the following key components:
- Sensor board:
- MAX86178 PPG/ECG/BioZ AFE, optical sensor with one Infrared light emitting diode (LED), one Red LED, and two photodiodes
- MAX32674C algo hub with an embedded algorithm of SpO2 monitoring
- MAX20356 power-management integrated circuit (PMIC)
- ADXL367 low-power, low-noise 3-axis accelerometer
- MAX32666 host MCU with on-board Bluetooth 5
- 256MB flash storage
- Temperature boards include one flexible PCB and one rigid PCB with the MAX30210 connected to an aluminum disc, respectively, for optimal skin and ambient temperature measurements.
- MAXDAP-TYPE-C board for use during a firmware upgrade for the micro board.
- 3D-printed enclosures and 3M double-sided tape.
- BLE USB dongle to ensure high data rate.
- Hardware design files, firmware, and software.
- To apply for the NDA, fill out the request form and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Applying for an NDA does not necessarily guarantee approval or shipment of any device or software.
- NDA is subject to approval by the Customer Service Team and will notify applicants accordingly.
- If the NDA is approved, customers will need to register for a MyAnalog account (for existing account holders, please log in with your details) in order to access the zip file under the Software Development section (note that this will appear only for approved MyAnalog accounts).
Documentation & Resources
Support & Training
Search our knowledge base for answers to your technical questions. Our dedicated team of Applications Engineers are also available to answer your technical questions.