Features and Benefits
- Full Silicon Integration Allows for Improved Efficiency and Minimized Space
- Input Voltage Range From 3.0V to 5.5V
- Output Voltages Range From 0.5V to 1.275V
- I2C Controlled Output Voltage (6.25mV Steps)
- Excellent Load Transient Response
- Internally Programmable Compensation
- High Switching Frequency of 2.2MHz
- Forced PWM Mode
- Enable and Reset Connections Available
- Loop Measurement Ready
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX20499A EV Kit is a fully assembled and tested PCB that allows designers to explore the capabilities of the MAX20499A and the MAX20499B step-down (buck) voltage regulators in an evaluation environment. The MAX20499A has an output current rating of 8A; the MAX20499B has an output current rating of 12A. Both devices operate at 3.0V to 5.5V input supply voltage and can regulate across a voltage range from 0.5V to 1.275V.
The devices feature a 2.2MHz fixed-frequency PWM mode for better noise immunity and load transient response. The 2.2MHz frequency operation accommodates all ceramic capacitors and minimizes the need for external components. The programmable spreadspectrum frequency modulation minimizes radiated electromagnetic emissions. Integrated low RDS(ON) switches improve efficiency at heavy loads and simplify layout.
The I2C interface supports dynamic voltage adjustment with programmable slew rates. Other features include programmable soft-start, over-current protection, and over-temperature protection.
The MAX20499A EV Kit comes pre-tested and ready for immediate use.
- Automotive Entertainment Systems
- SoC Core Power
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.