Features and Benefits
- 85V AC to 265V AC or 120V DC to 375V DC Input Range
- 15V DC at 1.5A Isolated Output Voltage
- Galvanic Isolation Up to 3500VRMS
- 120kHz Switching Frequency
- Efficiency Up to 86%
- Low-Cost Flyback Design
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX17595 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that contains MAX17595 peak-current-mode controller for a flyback regulator. The EV kit is configured for an isolated 15V DC output voltage that can supply up to 1.5A current. The line input voltage range is from 85V AC to 265V AC or 120V DC to 375V DC.
The EV kit demonstrates low quiescent current and efficiency up to 86%. This high efficiency is achieved by using a single-transistor (MOSFET) flyback converter topology that operates at 120kHz switching frequency. The surface-mount transformer has a tertiary winding to power the IC after startup. An optocoupler, along with the transformer, provides galvanic isolation up to 3500VRMS.
Warning: The EV kit is designed to operate with high voltages. Dangerous voltages are present on this EV kit and on equipment connected to it. Users who power up this EV kit or the power sources connected to it must be careful to follow safety procedures appropriately to work with high-voltage electrical equipment.
Under severe fault or failure conditions, this EV kit may dissipate large amounts of power, which could result in the mechanical ejection of a component or of component debris at high velocity. Operate this EV kit with care to avoid possible personal injury.
- Battery-Powered Applications
- Industrial, Telecom, and Automotive Applications
- Universal Input Offline AC-DC Power Supplies
- Wide-Range DC-Input Flyback/Boost Battery Chargers