Features and Benefits
- ADM3055E with isoPower integrated, isolated, dc-to-dc converter
- 2-layer PCB with low radiated emissions, passes EN55022 Class B
- On-board LDO for 6 V to 9 V supply, providing 5 V to the ADM3055E VCC pin
- Screw terminal connectors include
- 6V to 9V LDO, 5V power supply to the VCC pin and the VIO pin
- 5 V direct power supply to VCC pin
- 1.7 V to 5.5 V direct power supply to the VIO pin
- TXD pin, RXD pin, STBY pin, SILENT pin, AUXIN pin, AUXOUT pin, and RS pin signals
- Divided PCB return planes for GND1 and GND2
- SMA connectors for TXD pin and RXD pin signals
The EVAL-ADM3055EEBZ allows the user to evaluate the ADM3055E and the ADM3057E isolated signal and power transceivers for controller area network (CAN) or CAN with flexible data rate (CAN FD) networks. The EVAL-ADM3055EEBZ allows all of the input and output functions to work without the need for external components.
Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology, the ADM3055E and the ADM3057E integrate logic side on-off keying (OOK) signal isolation channels and an Analog Devices isoPower® dc-to-dc converter to provide regulated, isolated power that is well below EN55022 Class B limits when transmitting on a 2-layer printed circuit board (PCB) with ferrites.
The EVAL-ADM3055EEBZ comes populated with an ADM3055E.
Full specifications of the ADM3055E and the ADM3057E can be found in the ADM3055E and the ADM3057E data sheets, available from Analog Devices and must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADM3055EEBZ.
The EVAL-ADM3055EEBZ is compatible and can be used to evaluate the ADM3057E. The ADM3055E and the ADM3057E differ by package and isolation capabilities, but both devices are functionally equivalent for evaluation.
Markets and Technologies
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.