Features and Benefits
- Self-contained board including synthesizer, VCO, 10 MHz TCXO reference, USB interface, voltage regulators, and loop filter (5.8 GHz)
- Designed for 10 MHz PFD frequency, minimum charge pump current, and 20 kHz loop bandwidth
- Accompanying software allows control of synthesizer functions from a PC (via USB interface)
- Battery operated: choice of 3 V or 5 V supplies
The EVAL-ADF4158EB1Z evaluates the performance of the ADF4158 frequency synthesizer for phase locked loops (PLL). The board contains the ADF4158 synthesizer, a PC connector, SMA connectors for the power supplies, and an RF output. There is also a low pass loop filter (20 kHz) and a VCO (Z Communications, Inc., VCO940ME03 5.8 GHz) on board. The evaluation board is set up for a 10 MHz PFD comparison frequency. An on-board TCXO provides the 10 MHz reference frequency. A USB cable is included with the board to connect to a PC USB port.
The package also contains Windows® software (XP, Vista, and 7 compatible) to allow easy programming of the synthesizer.
- ADF4158 Evaluation Board (EVAL-ADF4158EB1Z)
Documentation & Resources
UG-476: PLL Software Installation Guide12/21/2018421 K
UG-123: Evaluation Board for ADF4158 Fractional-N PLL Frequency Synthesizer (Rev. A)9/14/2015370 kB
UG-476: PLL Software Installation Guide8/10/2015520 kB
ADF4158 Design Files11/5/2020ZIP440 K
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.