Features and Benefits
- On-board voltage reference, clock source, and ADC drivers
- Versatile analog signal conditioning circuitry
- FMC-LPC system board connector
- ACE PC software for configuration and data analysis (time and frequency domain)
- Compatible with other off-the-shelf controller boards
The EVAL-AD4630-24FMCZ evaluation board enables quick and easy evaluation of the AD4630 family of 24-bit precision successive approximation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converters (ADCs).
The AD4630-24 is a low power, 24-bit, 2-channel, 24-bit precision SAR ADC that supports up to 2 MSPS per channel. The evaluation board demonstrates the performance of the AD4630-24 and provides a configurable analog front end (AFE) for a variety of system applications.
The EVAL-AD4630-24FMCZ evaluation board is designed for use with the Digilent ZedBoard™. The ZedBoard is used to control data capture and buffering. The evaluation board connects to the ZedBoard board via a field-programmable gate array (FPGA) mezzanine card (FMC) low pin count (LPC) connector. The ZedBoard hosts a Xilinx Zynq7000 SoC, which has two processor cores and programmable FPGA fabric. The ZedBoard connects to the PC through USB.
- Automatic test equipment
- Digital control loops
- Medical instrumentation
- Semiconductor manufacturing
- Scientific instrumentation
- PC with Windows 7 or Windows 10 operating system
- Digilent ZedBoard with 12 V wall adapter power supply
- Precision signal source
- SMA Cable(s) (input to evaluation board)
- Recommended - Band-pass filter centered on test signal frequency.
Quick Start Guide
- Download and install ACE Software from ACE. A PC running Windows 7 or later is required.
- Connect the EVAL-AD4630-24-FMCZ board and ZedBoard firmly together through the FMC Connector.
- Insert the SD card provided with the EVAL-AD4630-24FMCZ into the SD card slot of the ZedBoard.
- Connect the ZedBoard’s USB OTG port (next to PMOD connector JE1) to the PC via a micro-USB cable.
- Connect the 12 volt power adaptor to ZedBoard and slide the POWER switch (SW8) on the ZedBoard to the ON position.
- Verify that the Green POWER LED (LD13) and the Blue Done LED (LD12) on the ZedBoard turn on.
- Wait for the Red LED (LD7) on the ZedBoard to start blinking.
- Launch the ACE software from Analog Devices subfolder in the Windows Start menu.