Features and Benefits
- On-board voltage reference, clock source, and ADC drivers
- Versatile analog signal conditioning circuitry
- FMC-LPC system board connector
- ACE PC software for configuration and data analysis (time and frequency domain)
- Compatible with other off-the-shelf controller boards
The EVAL-AD4630-24FMCZ evaluation board enables quick and easy evaluation of the AD4630 family of 24-bit precision successive approximation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converters (ADCs).
The AD4630-24 is a low power, 24-bit, 2-channel, 24-bit precision SAR ADC that supports up to 2 MSPS per channel. The evaluation board demonstrates the performance of the AD4630-24 and provides a configurable analog front end (AFE) for a variety of system applications.
The EVAL-AD4630-24FMCZ evaluation board is designed for use with the Digilent ZedBoard™. The ZedBoard is used to control data capture and buffering. The evaluation board connects to the ZedBoard board via a field-programmable gate array (FPGA) mezzanine card (FMC) low pin count (LPC) connector. The ZedBoard hosts a Xilinx Zynq7000 SoC, which has two processor cores and programmable FPGA fabric. The ZedBoard connects to the PC through USB.
- Automatic test equipment
- Digital control loops
- Medical instrumentation
- Semiconductor manufacturing
- Scientific instrumentation
Markets and Technologies
- EVAL-AD4630-24FMCZ evaluation board
- Micro-SD memory card (with adapter) containing system board boot software and Linux OS
- Optional - ZedBoard (system controller board)
- PC with Windows 7 or Windows 10 operating system
- Digilent ZedBoard with 12 V wall adapter power supply
- Precision signal source
- SMA Cable(s) (input to evaluation board)
- Recommended - Band-pass filter centered on test signal frequency.
Quick Start Guide
- Download and install ACE Software from ACE. A PC running Windows 7 or later is required.
- Connect the EVAL-AD4630-24-FMCZ board and ZedBoard firmly together through the FMC Connector.
- Insert the SD card provided with the EVAL-AD4630-24FMCZ into the SD card slot of the ZedBoard.
- Connect the ZedBoard’s USB OTG port (next to PMOD connector JE1) to the PC via a micro-USB cable.
- Connect the 12 volt power adaptor to ZedBoard and slide the POWER switch (SW8) on the ZedBoard to the ON position.
- Verify that the Green POWER LED (LD13) and the Blue Done LED (LD12) on the ZedBoard turn on.
- Wait for the Red LED (LD7) on the ZedBoard to start blinking.
- Launch the ACE software from Analog Devices subfolder in the Windows Start menu.
Documentation & Resources
EVAL-AD4630-24 - Design Files12/1/2021
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.