Features and Benefits
- Dynamic angle outputs
- Quaternion, Euler, rotation matrix
- 0.1° (pitch, roll) and 0.3° (yaw) static accuracy
- Triaxial, digital gyroscope, ±450°/sec dynamic range
- ±0.05° orthogonal alignment error
- 6°/hr in-run bias stability
- 0.3°/√hr angular random walk
- 0.01% nonlinearity
- Triaxial, digital accelerometer, ±10 g
- Triaxial, delta angle and delta velocity outputs
- Triaxial, digital magnetometer, ±2.5 gauss
- Digital pressure sensor, 300 mbar to 1100 mbar
- Adaptive extended Kalman filter
- Automatic covariance computation
- Programmable reference reorientation
- Programmable sensor disturbance levels
- Configurable event-driven controls
- Factory-calibrated sensitivity, bias, and axial alignment
- Calibration temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
- SPI-compatible serial interface
- Programmable operation and control
- 4 FIR filter banks, 120 configurable taps
- Digital I/O: data-ready alarm indicator, external clock
- Optional external sample clock input: up to 2.4 kHz
- Single-command self-test
- Single-supply operation: 3.0 V to 3.6 V
- 2000 g shock survivability
The ADIS16480 iSensor® device is a complete inertial system that includes a triaxial gyroscope, a triaxial accelerometer, triaxial magnetometer, pressure sensor, and an extended Kalman filter (EKF) for dynamic orientation sensing. Each inertial sensor in the ADIS16480 combines industry-leading iMEMS® technology with signal conditioning that optimizes dynamic performance. The factory calibration characterizes each sensor for sensitivity, bias, alignment, and linear acceleration (gyroscope bias). As a result, each sensor has its own dynamic compensation formulas that provide accurate sensor measurements. The sensors are further correlated and processed in the extended Kalman filter, which provides both automatic adaptive filtering, as well as user-programmable tuning. Thus, in addition to the IMU outputs, the device provides stable quaternion, Euler, and rotation matrix outputs in the local navigation frame.
The ADIS16480 provides a simple, cost-effective method for integrating accurate, multiaxis inertial sensing into industrial systems, especially when compared with the complexity and investment associated with discrete designs. All necessary motion testing and calibration are part of the production process at the factory, greatly reducing system integration time. Tight orthogonal alignment simplifies inertial frame alignment in navigation systems. The SPI and register structure provide a simple interface for data collection and configuration control.
The ADIS16480 uses the same footprint and connector system as the ADIS16488A, which greatly simplifies the upgrade process. It comes in a module that is approximately 47 mm × 44 mm × 14 mm and has a standard connector interface. The ADIS16480 provides an operating temperature range of −40°C to +105°C.
- Platform stabilization, control, and pointing
Markets & Technology
- Security and Surveillance
- Aerospace and Defense
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EVAL-ADIS2 system provides a Windows-compatible evaluation system for most iSensor (ADIS16xxx) products. It comes with several application packages that run on Windows XP, Vista and 7 systems, using either 32-bit or 64-bit USB drivers. The standard 16-pin interface provides the connection path to all iSensor breakout boards (ADIS16xxx/PCBZ). Device-under-test (DUT) power can come from the USB (+3.3V, +5V selectable options) or an external power supply. For those who are familiar with the predecessor system (EVAL-ADIS), the EVAL-ADIS2 provides a number of key advancements including support for longer cabling to the DUT and operation over a wider temperature range (-40°C to +85°C)
Features & Benefits
- PC-USB Inertial MEMS Evaluation System
- Windows XP, Vista and 7 with 32-bit and 64-bit driver support
- IMU and Vibration Evaluation software packages
- Compatible with most ADIS1613x, ADIS162xx, ADIS163xx, ADIS164xx devices
- Synchronous Data Capture at maximum sample rates
- Register access for device configuration and validation
- Standard, 16-pin ribbon cable interface with all ADIS16xxx breakout boards.
- Up to 2m of separation with DUT
The ADIS16IMU1/PCBZ is a breakout board for many of the ADIS16xxx IMU and gyroscope products. It provides a series of tapped M2x0.4mm machine screw holes to support direct-mounting with several different package styles, along with a 16-pin, dual-row, 2mm connect interface that supports simple connection with remote processor boards, using up to 12 inches of a 1mm ribbon cable.
Features & Benefits
- Simplify prototype connection of many ADIS16xxx devices to existing embedded processor systems.
- Necessary to connect some ADIS16xxx devices to the EVAL-ADIS2 evaluation system.
- Comes with a kit of M2x0.4 machine screws and hardware to simplify DUT attachment.
Frequently Asked Questions (6)
Software & Systems Requirements
Rarely Asked Questions (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.