New Content (1)
Press Releases38VIN, 10A Boost µModule Regulator Ideal for Driving LEDs
Features and Benefits
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 5V to 38V
- Supports Boost or SEPIC Power Topologies
- Adjustable LED Current Up to 1.6A
- 40V 10A Internal Power Switch
- Wide Temperature Range: −40°C to 150°C
- Input and Output Current Reporting
- Internal Switch for PWM and Output Disconnect
- Internal Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation
- 3000:1 True Color PWM™ Dimming
- Open LED Protection with OPENLED Flag
- Short-Circuit Protection and SHORTLED Flag
- Soft-Start with Programmable Fault Restart Timer
- 9mm × 11.25mm × 2.22mm BGA
The LTM8005 is a 38VIN, 38VOUT boost μModule (power micromodule) LED driver designed to regulate current or voltage and is ideal for driving LEDs. The fixed frequency and current mode architecture result in stable operation over a wide range of supply and output voltages. Spread spectrum frequency modulation (SSFM) can be activated for improved electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) performance. The ground-referred voltage FB pin serves as the input for several LED protection features, and also allows the converter to operate as a constant voltage source. The PWM input provides LED dimming ratios of up to 3000:1, and the CTRL inputs provide additional analog dimming capability.
The low profile package enables utilization of unused space on the bottom of PC boards. The LTM8005 is packaged in thermally enhanced, compact over-molded Ball Grid Array (BGA) package suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment. The LTM8005 is RoHS compliant.
- High Power LED, High Voltage LED
- Accurate Current-Limited Voltage Regulators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.