250 MHz, Voltage Output 4-Quadrant Multiplier
Its differential multiplication inputs (X, Y) and its summing input (Z) are at high impedance. The low impedance output voltage (W) can provide up to ±2.5 V and drive loads as low as 25 Ω. Normal operation is from ±5 V supplies.
Though providing state-of-the-art speed, the AD835 is simple to use and versatile. For example, as well as permitting the addition of a signal at the output, the Z input provides the means to operate the AD835 with voltage gains up to about ×10. In this capacity, the very low product noise of this multiplier (50 nV/√Hz) makes it much more useful than earlier products.
The AD835 is available in an 8-lead PDIP package (N) and an 8-lead SOIC package (R) and is specified to operate over the −40°C to +85°C industrial temperature range.
- The AD835 is the first monolithic 250 MHz, four-quadrant voltage output multiplier.
- Minimal external components are required to apply the AD835 to a variety of signal processing applications.
- High input impedances (100 kΩ||2 pF) make signal source loading negligible.
- High output current capability allows low impedance loads to be driven.
- State-of-the-art noise levels achieved through careful device optimization and the use of a special low noise, band gap voltage reference.
- Designed to be easy to use and cost effective in applications that require the use of hybrid or board-level solutions.
- Very fast multiplication, division, squaring
- Wideband modulation and demodulation
- Phase detection and measurement
- Sinusoidal frequency doubling
- Video gain control and keying
- Voltage-controlled amplifiers and filters
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.