Low Cost Analog Multiplier
The AD633 is laser calibrated to a guaranteed total accuracy of 2% of full scale. Nonlinearity for the Y input is typically less than 0.1% and noise referred to the output is typically less than 100 μV rms in a 10 Hz to 10 kHz bandwidth. A 1 MHz bandwidth, 20 V/μs slew rate, and the ability to drive capacitive loads make the AD633 useful in a wide variety of applications where simplicity and cost are key concerns.
The versatility of the AD633 is not compromised by its simplicity. The Z input provides access to the output buffer amplifier, enabling the user to sum the outputs of two or more multipliers, increase the multiplier gain, convert the output voltage to a current, and configure a variety of applications.
The AD633 is available in 8-lead PDIP and SOIC packages. It is specified to operate over the 0°C to 70°C commercial temperature range (J Grade) or the −40°C to +85°C industrial temperature range (A Grade).Product Highlights
- The AD633 is a complete four-quadrant multiplier offered in low cost 8-lead SOIC and PDIP packages. The result is a product that is cost effective and easy to apply.
- No external components or expensive user calibration are required to apply the AD633.
- Monolithic construction and laser calibration make the device stable and reliable.
- High (10 MΩ) input resistances make signal source loading negligible.
- Power supply voltages can range from ±8 V to ±18 V. The internal scaling voltage is generated by a stable Zener diode; multiplier accuracy is essentially supply insensitive.
- Multiplication, division, squaring
- Modulation/demodulation, phase detection
- Voltage-controlled amplifiers/attenuators/filters
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
The AD633-EVALZ has Built-in flexibility that allows convenient configuration to accommodate most operating configurations.
Any dual-polarity power supply capable of providing 10 mA or greater is all that is required, in addition to whatever test equipment the user wishes to perform the intended tests. The AD633-EVALZ can be configured for multiplier or divider operation by switch S1.
Refer to the AD633 data sheet for divider circuit connections, signal, power, and ground-plane artworks and all other information.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
- 8 week(s) ago in ADIsimPE
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.