The AD5061, a member of ADI's nano
DAC® family, is a low power, single 16-bit buffered voltage-out DAC that operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply. The part offers a relative accuracy specification of ±4 LSB and operation is guaranteed monotonic with a ±1 LSB DNL specification.
The part uses a versatile 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 30 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI®
QSPI™, MICROWIRE™ and DSP interface standards. The reference for the AD5061 is supplied from an external VREF
pin. A reference buffer is also provided on-chip. The part incorporates a power-on reset circuit that ensures the DAC output powers up to mid scale or zero scale and remains there until a valid write takes place to the device. The part contains a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to typically 330 nA at 5 V and provides software-selectable output loads while in power-down mode. The part is put into power-down mode over the serial interface. Total unadjusted error for the part is <3 mV. This part exhibits very low glitch on power-up.
- Available in a small 8-lead SOT-23 package.
- 16-bit resolution 4 LSB INL.
- Low glitch on power-up.
- High speed serial interface with clock speeds up to 30 MHz.
- Three power down modes available to the user.
- Reset to known output voltage (midscale or zero scale.
- Process Control
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Portable Battery-Powered Instruments
- Digital Gain and Offset Adjustment
- Programmable Voltage and Current Sources
- Programmable Attenuators