Features and Benefits
- Fully integrated, ultralow noise phase-locked loop (PLL)
- 4 differential, 2.7 GHz common-mode logic (CML) outputs
- 2 differential reference inputs with programmable internal termination options
- <232 fs rms absolute jitter (12 kHz to 20 MHz) with a non-ideal reference and 8 kHz loop bandwidth
- <100 fs rms absolute jitter (12 kHz to 20 MHz) with an 80 kHz loop bandwidth and low jitter input reference clock
- Supports low loop bandwidths for jitter attenuation
- Manual switchover
- Single 2.5 V typical supply voltage
- 48-lead, 7 mm × 7 mm LFCSP
The AD9530 is a fully integrated PLL and distribution supporting, clock cleanup, and frequency translation device for 40 Gbps/ 100 Gbps OTN applications. The internal PLL can lock to one of two reference frequencies to generate four discrete output frequencies up to 2.7 GHz.
The AD9530 features an internal 5.11 GHz to 5.4 GHz, ultralow noise voltage controlled oscillator (VCO). All four outputs are individually divided down from the internal VCO using two high speed VCO dividers (the Mx dividers) and four individual 8-bit channel dividers (the Dx dividers). The high speed VCO dividers offer fixed divisions of 2, 2.5, 3, and 3.5 for wide coverage of possible output frequencies. The AD9530 is configurable for loop bandwidths <15 kHz to attenuate reference noise.
The AD9530 is available in a 48-lead LFCSP and operates from a single 2.5 V typical supply voltage.
The AD9530 operates over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- 40 Gbps/100 Gbps optical transport network (OTN) line side clocking
- Clocking of high speed analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) and digital-to-analog converters (DACs)
- Data communications
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD9530 evaluation board (AD9530/PCBZ) is a compact, easy-to-use platform for evaluating many features of the AD9530. The AD9530 is a fully integrated integer-N PLL and distribution supporting clock clean up and frequency translation for 100Gb/sec optical transport network (OTN) applications. The internal PLL can lock to one of two reference frequencies to generate four discrete frequencies up to 2.7GHz.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.