12-Bit Monitor and Control System with Multichannel ADC, DACs, Temperature Sensor, and Current Sense
Features and Benefits
- 12-bit SAR ADC with 3 μs conversion time
- 4 uncommitted analog inputs - (Please see data sheet for additional information)
- 2 high-side current sense inputs
5 V to 59.4 V operating range - (Please see data sheet for additonal information)
- 2 external diode temperature sensor inputs
−55°C to +150°C measurement range (Please see data sheet for addtional information)
- 1 internal temperature sensor
- Built-in monitoring features
Minimum/maximum recorder for each channel - (Please see data sheet for additional information)
- Four 12-bit monotonic 15 V DACs
- 5 V span, 0 V to 10 V offset - (Please see data sheet for additional information)
- Internal 2.5 V reference
- 2-wire fast mode I2C interface
- Temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
- Package type: 64-lead TQFP or 56-lead LFCSP
The AD7294 contains all the functions required for general-purpose monitoring and control of current, voltage, and temperature integrated into a single-chip solution. The device includes low voltage (±200 mV) analog input sense amplifiers for current monitoring across shunt resistors, temperature sense inputs, and four uncommitted analog input channels multiplexed into a SAR analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with a 3 μs conversion time. A high accuracy internal reference is provided to drive both the digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and ADC. Four 12-bit DACs provide the outputs for voltage control. The AD7294 also includes limit registers for alarm functions. The device is designed on Analog Devices, Inc., high voltage DMOS process for high voltage compliance, 59.4 V on the current sense inputs, and up to a 15 V DAC output voltage.
The AD7294 is a highly integrated solution that offers all the functionality necessary for precise control of the power amplifier in cellular base station applications. In these types of applications, the DACs provide 12-bit resolution to control the bias currents of the power transistors. Thermal diode-based temperature sensors are incorporated to compensate for temperature effects. The ADC monitors the high-side current and temperature. All this functionality is provided in a 64-lead TQFP or a 56-lead LFCSP operating over a temperature range of −40°C to +105°C.
GSM, EDGE, UMTS, CDMA, TD-SCDMA, W-CDMA, WiMAX
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
AD7294 Companion Parts
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For applications requiring low cost, low temperature drift, good DC and AC precision: AD8692.
- For low power applications: ADA4692-2.
- For high speed, low noise, low distortion: AD8022, AD8317, AD8362.
- For applications requiring highest precision: AD8606.
Recommended External References
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.