Features and Benefits
- Low Cost, ADF7242 single chip 2.4GHz RF Transceiver IC
- Frequency range (global ISM band): 2400 MHz to 2483.5 MHz
- PMOD Compatible Expansion Ports with SPI Interface
- IEEE 802.15.4 compliant RF transceiver
- Transmission Range: Up to 100m at 250 kbps, Output Power = +3 dBm
- Low Power Consumption: 19 mA at Rx Mode, 21.5 mA at Tx Mode, 1.8 mA at Idle Mode
- Supports Antenna and Polarization Diversity
- Onboard Chip Antennas
- Small Form Factor: 2.35” x 0.8”
Product DetailsThe low cost and small profile EVAL-ADF7242-PMDZ is a 2.4 GHz, 802.15.4 wireless transceiver board that supports RF to FPGA or processor applications system that utilize PMOD-compatible expansion ports configurable for SPI communication (packet mode). For applications that require data streaming, a synchronous bidirectional serial port (SPORT) interface is also available. The wireless transceiver PMOD board can be configured to operate on the 2400 MHz to 2483.5 MHz ISM band. The board uses a single ADF7242 transceiver.
The EVAL-ADF7242-PMDZ board uses two mini 2.4 GHz chip antennas, an impedance-matched filter, and a balun for minimum RF front-end parts count. The board supports antenna diversity (polarization diversity) and uses two chip antennas mounted orthogonally, which greatly improves performance under multipath fading conditions.
- EVAL-ADF7242-PMDZ Evaluation Board
| Connector P1 – SPI Communications
| Pin Number
|1||CS|| Chip Select
|2||SDI||Serial data in|
|3||SDO||Serial Data Out|
|| Serial Clock
||Power Supply Ground|
||Power Supply (3.3V)|
|7||IRQ1||Interrupt Request Output 1|
|| Interrupt Request Output 2
|| Power Supply Ground
|12||VCC||Power Supply (3.3V)|
Connector P2 provides an alternate serial port interface (SPORT) as shown below:
|Connector P2 – SPORT Communications|
| Pin Number
|1||IRQ2/TRFS||Interrupt Request Output 2|
|5||GND||Power Supply Ground|
|| Power Supply (3.3V)
The EVAL-ADF7242-PMDZ operates with a 1.8 V to 3.6 V supply voltage, with typical operation at 3.3 V. This voltage is to be provided in the 12-pin PMOD interface connector, pin 6 and pin 12.
The following photo shows the connectors and the position of the parts on the board.