|Back to Anveshan 2012|
|Terms and Conditions of Analog Devices AnveshanFellowship
Please read and accept following terms and conditions of the Analog Devices Anveshan Fellowship conducted by Analog Devices India Private Limited (“ADI”) before participating in the Fellowship. By registering and participating in the Fellowship, you agree that you have understood and unconditionally accepted these terms and conditions and are bound by it. If you are agreeing to these terms and conditions on behalf of your institute/university or any other entity, you should have sufficient authority to bind such entity to these terms. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND YOUR INSTITUTE/UNIVERSITY OR ENTITY, PLEASE DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE FELLOWSHIP.
1. The Fellowship shall open on 30th July 2012 and shall continue till 31st March 2013. You are requested to submit your project proposal for the Fellowship before 15th September 2012. Any project proposals submitted after this date will not be accepted by ADI under any circumstance.
2. You are allowed to make a team of maximum 5 members and one faculty member from one university/institute to supervise the development of the project to be submitted for the Fellowship. You cannot be a member of more than one team participating in the Fellowship and the same faculty member cannot supervise two teams. In the event it is found that a Fellowship Participant or a faculty member is a member of more than one team, then both the teams shall be disqualified from the Fellowship. However, more than one team from an institute/university is eligible to participate in the Fellowship.
3. You agree to adhere to the timelines, submission requirements and other criteria laid down in relation to the Fellowship as communicated to you from time to time by ADI or its representatives.
4. The manner and form of evaluation, decisions on the selection, prize or any matter pertaining to the Fellowship by ADI shall be final and at its sole discretion. No claims or explanations in respect of such evaluation or decisions shall be entertained by ADI at any stage of the Fellowship.
5. All works, drawings, schematics, designs, maskworks, materials, documentation, hardware, software, algorithms, formulas, techniques or know-how relating to the project submitted in relation to the Fellowship (“Project Materials”), along with all patents, copyright, designs, maskworks, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, shall be exclusively and irrevocably granted and assigned by you to ADI upon submission. You agree to duly sign and execute all documents as may be needed by ADI to give effect to the above grant/assignment.
6. You hereby acknowledge that ADI, at its sole discretion, will own all rights to use, modify, reproduce, publish, display, advertise, distribute, assign, make adaptations and derivative works of and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit the Project Materials in perpetuity all over the world, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. You hereby disclaim any moral rights in the Project Materials and release and forever discharge ADI, its successors and all persons acting under its permission or authority, from any and all claims, actions, liabilities, and causes of action in any manner arising or resulting from ADI's use of the Project Materials.
7. The Project Materials submitted by you in relation to the Fellowship must be independent, original and genuine work and must not infringe the intellectual property rights or otherwise of a third party. In the event of any non-compliance with the foregoing, you hereby agree to indemnify and keep indemnified ADI, its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, affiliates and subsidiaries against all losses, claims, damages, liabilities and expenses (including attorney fees) incurred by ADI its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, affiliates and subsidiaries consequent to such non-compliance.
8. You hereby agree that ADI is not responsible to maintain confidentiality of the Project Materials submitted by you during the term of the Fellowship.
9. The Project Materials cannot be used by you in any manner, published or submitted to any other competition, conference or event without the prior permission of ADI.
10. ADI is not bound to offer employment to any Fellowship Participant due to participation or successful completion of the Fellowship by such Fellowship Participant.
11. You shall ensure that you comply with all applicable laws and the policies and procedures of your institute/ university in making the submissions for the Fellowship and you shall be solely responsible for all consequences of failing to adhere to such pertinent laws, policies or procedures.
12. You shall not indulge in any unfair or unethical practices in order to improve your chances of winning the Fellowship and if you are found indulging in such practices, you shall be liable, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies enjoyed by ADI, to be disqualified from participating further in the Fellowship. Further, ADI reserves the right to take any action in its sole discretion against the Fellowship Participant found violating any of the above terms and conditions or any other rules and guidelines communicated by ADI or its representatives.
13. ADI may at its sole discretion reimburse/compensate cost of some components used in the project and travel cost in relation to the Fellowship of selected Fellowship Participant which will be decided and communicated by ADI from time to time. ADI will not accept any claims in this regard at any stage of the Fellowship.
14. All awards and payments made by ADI in respect of the Fellowship shall be subjected to tax and other statutory deductions as mandated by law. Any and all taxes, surcharges, cesses and charges in respect of the awards and payments shall be borne by the Fellowship Participant alone and ADI shall not be liable for the same.
15. ADI reserves its exclusive right, exercisable at any time, without notice, to amend, add to, delete from, alter or otherwise change the terms and conditions in relation to the Fellowship. ADI also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to postpone, suspend, and cancel the entire Fellowship or a part thereof.
16. By participating in the Fellowship, you agree to release and hold harmless ADI, sponsors and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives of said sponsors, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the submission of Project Materials in the Fellowship.
17. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these terms and conditions, or the rights and obligations of the parties in connection with the Fellowship shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India as applied in the State of Karnataka. You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Fellowship shall be subject to jurisdiction of Courts at Bangalore.
|The Fellowship | Prizes | Recommended Components | FAQs | Terms and Conditions | Guidelines for Entries | 2012winner|