The AD9627-11 is a dual, 11-bit, 105 MSPS/150 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The AD9627-11 is designed to support communications applications where low cost, small size, and versatility are desired.
The dual ADC core features a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic. Each ADC features wide bandwidth differential sample-and-hold analog input amplifiers supporting a variety of user-selectable input ranges. An integrated voltage reference eases design considerations. A duty cycle stabilizer is provided to compensate for variations in the ADC clock duty cycle, allowing the converters to maintain excellent performance.
The AD9627-11 has several functions that simplify the automatic gain control (AGC) function in the system receiver. The fast detect feature allows fast overrange detection by outputting four bits of input level information with very short latency.
In addition, the programmable threshold detector allows moni-toring of the incoming signal power using the four fast detect bits of the ADC with very low latency. If the input signal level exceeds the programmable threshold, the coarse upper threshold indicator goes high. Because this threshold indicator has very low latency, the user can quickly turn down the system gain to avoid an over-range condition.
The second AGC-related function is the signal monitor. This block allows the user to monitor the composite magnitude of the incoming signal, which aids in setting the gain to optimize the dynamic range of the overall system.
The ADC output data can be routed directly to the two external 11-bit output ports. These outputs can be set from 1.8 V to 3.3 V CMOS or 1.8 V LVDS.
Flexible power-down options allow significant power savings, when desired.
Programming for setup and control is accomplished using a 3-bit SPI-compatible serial interface.
The AD9627-11 is available in a 64-lead LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Integrated dual, 11-bit, 105 MSPS/150 MSPS ADC
- Fast overrange detect and signal monitor with serial output
- Signal monitor block with dedicated serial output mode
- Proprietary differential input that maintains excellent SNR performance for input frequencies up to 450 MHz
- Operation from a single 1.8 V supply and a separate digital output driver supply to accommodate 1.8 V to 3.3 V logic families
- Standard serial port interface (SPI) that supports various product features and functions, such as data formatting (offset binary, twos complement, or gray coding), enabling the clock DCS, power-down, test modes, and voltage reference mode
- Pin compatibility with the AD9640, AD9627, and AD9600 for a simple migration from 11 bits to 14 bits, 12 bits, or 10 bits
- Diversity radio systems
- Multimode digital receivers (3G)
GSM, EDGE, WCDMA, CDMA2000, WiMAX, TD-SCDMA
- I/Q demodulation systems
- Smart antenna systems
- General-purpose software radios
- Broadband data applications