- Passive: no dc bias required
- Conversion loss: 10 dB maximum
- Input IP3 up to 21 dBm typical
- LO to RF isolation: 37 dB typical
- Wide IF bandwidth: dc to 5 GHz
- 7-pad, 0.950 mm × 0.750 mm, RoHS compliant, bare die
The HMC553ACHIPS is a general-purpose, double balanced, monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC) mixer that can be used as an upconverter or a downconverter between 6 GHz and 14 GHz. This mixer is fabricated in a gallium arsenide (GaAs), metal semiconductor field effect transistor (MESFET) process and requires no external components or matching circuitry.
The HMC553ACHIPS provides high local oscillator (LO) to RF and LO to intermediate frequency (IF) suppression due to optimized balun structures for as low as 32 dB and 28 dB, respectively. The mixer operates with LO drive levels from 9 dBm to 15 dBm.
- Microwave and very small aperture terminal (VSAT) radios
- Test equipment
- Point to point radios
- Military electronic warfare (EW), electronic countermeasure (ECM), and command, control, communications and intelligence (C3I)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.