- 160 MIPS 16-bit fixed-point DSP
- 40 Kbytes of on-chip RAM, configured as 8K words 24-bit RAM and 8K words 16-bit RAM; 48 Kbytes of on-chip ROM configured as 16K by 24-bit words
- 16-bit parallel port interface supports SRAM, FLASH, or EPROM memory devices
- Host port with DMA capability for glueless interface to 8- or 16-bit host processors
- Three multichannel serial ports support A-law or µ-law companding, and T1/E1/H100 telecommunications standards
- UART Port; Two SPI-compatible ports with slave select hardware
- User selectable low-power operating modes
- 144 Lead LQFP Packages; -40ºC to +85ºC ambient temperature range
The ADSP-2196 is a 160 MIPS 16-bit fixed point DSP that is software compatible with DSPs in the ADSP-218x family, noted for its easy-to-use algebraic assembly syntax. Although the architectures are compatible, the ADSP-2196 architecture incorporates a number of enhancements that enables significant performance increases and improved C-compiler efficiency over its predecessor. The ADSP-2196 is available in a 144-lead LQFP package and is pin compatible with the ADSP-2191 with 64K words RAM and the ADSP-2195 with 32K words RAM and 16K words ROM. Pin to pin-compatibility allows programmers a simple migration path to smaller memory models to reduce system cost without hardware redesign.
Telephony Software Algorithms
For a complete solution, International Telecommunication Union (ITU) compliant high-quality speech codecs and robust echo cancellation software algorithms are available for the ADSP-2196 directly through ADI. This allows service providers to rapidly deploy high-quality, cost-effective and scalable next-generation voice convergent platforms.
ADI provides a selection of voice and tone detection algorithms that support the ADSP-2196 DSP. Algorithms such as: G.165, G.711, G.722, G.723, C.726, G.728, G.729, DTMF are some of many algorithms that can be easily integrated into your application.
The ADSP-2196 is supported by a complete set of software and hardware development tools including VisualDSP++™, evaluation boards, and JTAG emulators.
The VisualDSP++ integrated development and debug environment (IDDE) features an efficient C/C++ compiler, statistical profiling, and the new VisualDSP® Kernel (VDK) - all designed to make software development faster.
ADI makes it easier to evaluate the ADSP-2196 for a specific application with the ADSP-219x EZ-KIT Lite™ evaluation system. The EZ-KIT Lite includes a monitor program that lets you download, execute and debug ADSP-219x programs.
EMULATOR-USB & HP USB ICE
Analog Devices’ cost-effective Universal Serial Bus (USB)-based emulator and High performance (HP) Universal Serial Bus (USB)-based emulator each provide an easy, portable, non-intrusive, target-based debugging solution for Analog Devices JTAG processors and DSPs. These powerful USB-based emulators perform a wide range of emulation functions, including single-step and full speed execution with pre-defined breakpoints, and viewing and/or altering of register and memory contents. With the ability to automatically detect and support multiple I/O voltages, the USB and HP USB emulators enable users to communicate with all of the Analog Devices JTAG processors and DSPs using either a full speed USB 1.1 or high speed USB 2.0 port on the host PC. Applications and data can easily and rapidly be tested and transferred between the emulators and the separately available VisualDSP++ development and debugging environment(sold separately).
The plug-and-play architecture of USB allows the emulators to be automatically detected and configured by the host operating system. It can also be connected to and disconnected from the host without opening the PC or turning off the power to the PC. A 3-meter cable is included to connect the emulators to the host PC, thus providing abundant accessibility to hard to reach targets.
The HP USB-based emulator also supports the Background
Telemetry Channel (BTC), a non-intrusive method
for exchanging data between the host and target
application without affecting the target system's
Part Number: ADZS-USB-ICE
High Performance USB-Based Emulator
Part Number: ADZS-HPUSB-ICE
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
For additional information, contact your local Analog Devices Sales Office or Distributor.
- Full speed USB 1.1 interface enabling download speeds of up to 150 KB/Sec (ADZS-USB-ICE) or High speed USB 2.0 interface enabling download speeds of up to 1.5MB/sec (ADZS-HPUSB-ICE)
- Background Telemetry Channel (BTC) support enabling non-intrusive data exchange at up to 2.0 MB/sec (ADZS-HPUSB-ICE only)
- 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V compliant and tolerant
- Support for all ADI JTAG processors and DSPs
- 5V tolerant and 3.3V compliant for 5V processors and DSPs
- Multiprocessor support
- 14-pin JTAG connector
- 3-meter USB cable for difficult-to-reach targets
ソフトウェア & システム
Software & Tools Anomalies
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.