Features and Benefits
- High-Performance 32-Bit MAXQ30 RISC Core
- DC to 25MHz Operation, Approaching 1MIPS per MHz
- Dual 1.8V Core/3.3V I/O Enables Low Power/Flexible Interfacing
- 5V Tolerant I/O
- Up to 32 General-Purpose I/O Pins
- 34 Instructions, Most Single Cycle
- Three Independent Data Pointers Accelerate Data Movement with Automatic Increment/Decrement
- Virtually Unlimited Software Stack
- 16-Bit Instruction Word, 32-Bit Internal Data Bus
- 16 x 32-Bit Accumulators
- Security Features
- 3DES-Encrypted External Memory Bus Prevents Eavesdropping
- Tamper Sensors Rapidly "Zeroize" Internal Keys and User Data When:
- Out-of-Range Temperature/Voltage Detected
- User-Defined Self-Destruct Inputs (SDIx) Activated
- Internal Cryptographic Hardware Includes:
- DES Engine Supporting Single DES and 2/3-Key 3DES Operations
- Public-Key Cryptographic Accelerator for ECDSA (160-, 192-, and 256-Key Strength)
- Public-Key Cryptographic Accelerator for DSA and RSA (1024- and 2048-Key Strength)
- Hardware Hash Engine Supports SHA-1, SHA-224, SHA-256
- Unresettable True-Time Clock Self-Imposes Expiration Dates and Date/Timestamping
- Memory Features
- Secure Memory Management Unit and 4KB Instruction Cache
- 512KB of Internal Flash Program Memory
- 3KB Internal Program Memory SRAM
- 32KB Internal Data SRAM, Including 1KB Battery-Backed NV SRAM
- Linear Address Space Directly Accesses Up to 8MB of External Program/Data Memory
- Peripheral Features
- USB Device Controller with Four Endpoint Buffers
- ISO 7816 UART with FIFO with Two Physically Separate Communication Buses
- Power Management Features
- In-System Programming Through Debug Port or Serial Port
- Ultra-Low Battery Leakage to Support NV RAM and Security Sensors (150nA)
A 32-bit MAXQ30 core powers the cryptographically secure MAXQ1103. Applications are supported with 512KB of high-performance internal flash memory for code/data storage and 32KB SRAM. Up to 8MB of additional external program and data memory is supported through a dedicated word-wide memory bus with programmable wait states. Additional peripherals such as serial I/O, 16-bit timers, hardware math accelerator, ISO 7816 UART, and a USB controller increase system utility while reducing component count.
System security is enhanced by the addition of high-speed cryptographic hardware accelerators for ECDSA, DSA, RSA, Secure Hash Algorithm, and triple-key 3DES. The embedded hash engine supports multiple hash functions recommended by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The true hardware random-number generator (RNG) supports FIPS 186-2 with an available software library.
Note: Designers must have following documents to fully use all the features of this device. This data sheet contains pin descriptions, feature overviews, and electrical specifications. Errata sheets contain deviations from published specifications. The user's guides offer detailed information about device features and operation.
- MAXQ1103 IC data sheet
- MAXQ1103 revision-specific errata sheet (Click here for availability)
- MAXQ® Family User's Guide
- MAXQ Family User's Guide: MAXQ1103 Supplement
- ATM Keyboards
- Certificate Authentication
- Electronic Commerce
- Electronic Signature Generator
- EMV® Banking
- PCI Terminals
- PIN Pads
- Secure Access Control
- Secure Data Storage
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Documentation & Resources
MAXQ1103 Reliability Data1/12/202335K
UG-4312: Getting Started with DeepCover Secure Microcontroller (MAXQ1850) EV KIT and the CrossWorks Compiler for the MAXQ3010/17/2008481K
UG-4273: Getting Started with the DeepCover Secure Microcontroller (MAXQ1103) Evaluation Kit and the CrossWorks Compiler for the MAXQ309/22/2008243K
UG-4811: MAXQ Family User's Guide9/1/20081M
MAXQ1103 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.