Product Lifecycle Obsolete
The models in this product family are no longer available.
To find replacement products for this part:
Rochester Electronics and Arrow Supply Assurance have partnered with Analog Devices to source products that have been previously discontinued or have become obsolete.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX8649 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit for evaluating the MAX8649 1.8A step-down regulator. The EV kit operates from a 2.5V to 5.5V supply voltage and outputs a voltage programmable from 0.75V to 1.38V at up to 1.8A. An on-board USB-to-I²C interface and EV kit software control the output voltage, operating modes, and other features of the IC.
- Cell Phones and Smartphones
- PDAs and MP3 Players
Features & Benefits
- 1.8A Guaranteed Output Current
- I²C-Programmable VOUT (750mV to 1.38V in 10mV Steps)
- Operates from 2.5V to 5.5V Input Supply
- On-Chip FET and Synchronous Rectifier
- Fixed 3.25MHz PWM Switching Frequency
- Synchronizes to 13MHz, 19.2MHz, or 26MHz System Clock When Available
- Small 1µH Inductor
- Initial Accuracy 0.5% at 1.25V Output
- 2.0% Output Accuracy Over Load, Line, and Temperature
- Power-Save Mode Increases Light Load Efficiency
- Overvoltage and Overcurrent Protection
- Thermal-Shutdown Protection
- On-Board USB-to-I²C Interface
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.