Features and Benefits
- 4 Dedicated Comparators plus 1 Auxiliary Comparator
- 5V Dedicated Comparator Has ±1.25% Accuracy
- -5V, +12V, -12V, +15V, -15V Dedicated Comparators Have ±1.5% Accuracy
- Overvoltage/Undervoltage Detection or Programmable Delay Using Auxiliary Comparator
- Internal 1.24V Reference with ±1% Initial Accuracy
- Wide Supply Range: 2.7V to 11V
- Built-In Hysteresis
- 250µA Max Supply Current Over Temp.
- Independent Open-Drain Outputs
- All Precision Components Included
The MAX8215 contains five voltage comparators; four are for monitoring +5V, -5V, +12V, and -12V, and the fifth monitors any desired voltage. The MAX8216 is identical, except it monitors ±15V supplies instead of ±12V. The resistors required to monitor these voltages and provide comparator hysteresis are included on-chip. All comparators have open-drain outputs. These devices consume 250µA max supply current over temperature.
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Industrial Controllers
- Industrial Equipment
- Microprocessor Voltage Monitor: +5V, -5V, +12V, -12V Supply Monitoring (MAX8215), +5V, -5V, +15V, -15V Supply Monitoring (MAX8216)
- Mobile Radios
- Overvoltage/Undervoltage Detection with Uncommitted Comparator
- Portable Instruments
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX8216 Reliability Data1/12/202334K
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.